The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob...

The metal bracket that mounts to the frame area, looks like theres a plastic bushing in there, then a spring, then the "ball joint" deal?  I can't tell because of my boot.  Maybe if it popped out of place when I jacked the trans up?  or maybe the bushing is worn to shit?  I don't see how it could bind there either.  Like i said, I touched nothing on the trans when I swapped motors. Pulled one out, stuffed one in.  I looked at the rest of the linkage to see if there was anything else that was in the way / touching, not a thing.

Hmm.

Yeah, that's how it goes together.... Ill crawl under and pull the bracket off and take a peek just to be sure.  From what I can see, that's about all that would bind up.  If it some how is in there (or the bushing is off centered?) off center, I think that may be what is causing the shifter to be a bit more tough to go up & down the column.

I should say, it doesn't bind, as in won't shift.... It's just tougher to shift...

Just for Adam.  I posted more oics in the FS thread, but here are a few

Just a little glass etching on each wing window, and in the two lower corners of the back window

IMG_2158_zps90032075.jpg

Pretty clean overall from what I could see under the bed liner

IMG_2142_zps47f4c704.jpg

IMG_2144_zpse3f4d85a.jpg

IMG_2141_zpsd5a35b1b.jpg

some sort of rag or t-shirt is wadded up in the engine bay and stuffed through the fresh-air hole into the cabin :rofl:

IMG_2133_zpsfea7b329.jpg

a little stick-figure scene on the driver's door

IMG_2130_zpsff2e4d89.jpg

IMG_2127_zpsa6bfd9a5.jpg

IMG_2126_zpsf0cc6a9f.jpg

So that rod I took a picture of. I got all up in that bitch this morning. The bracket that bolts to the firewall is tweaked, and so is the fulcrum lever.  Needs replaced, should be ok, for now.

Also running straight water in the car until saturday.  Had to order a new lower rad hose (this one is pretty effin soft).  So I'll have fifty fifty in it after that.

Bam! One thing fixed another thing goes and gets broke bahaha. This thing pulls hard. Cruises up hills. Unfortunately I done broked the transmission cooler line. The flare! Booooooo.....

It's to short on the bend to just cut and 're flare. So... Luckily nissan used standard threads on the trans. Went to home depot and got new fittings then went to the parts store for some hose and clamps. Should be good to go tomorrow!

It is. It's begging to be worked on. Unfortunately its drained me, literally. I am sore, ache all over, have a fever going. Straight up sick and burned out. Bummer, its a really nice weekend. Tho I'm sure once the grass dries I'll fix the trans cooler line lol