My brother's Stang and my 620

First a little back story.

Up until a few years ago my brother had a custom car audio shop in Highland CA. The shop mostly did high end very custom systems on cars and trucks to be displayed at SEMA. As time allowed I would help him with the build and design of the sub-boxes, amp racks, molded door panels, and other interior items. Usually this required me to take 2-3 weeks off of work in late October. Over the years we usually worked with the same painter on these projects, Kelly and Son Crazy Painters. One way or another it worked out that Mitch Kelly owed my brother a custom paint job.

Family obligations resulted in the closing of the shop and a couple of moves, first to Dallas then Phoenix. 2 years ago my brother bought a very clean 2006 Roush Mustang convertible with medium blue paint and silver stripes. Maybe 6 months ago there was a wicked hail storm in Phoenix and the Stang got caught in it. Now he had something that needed the owed paint job.

I went to Phoenix and we built The sub box and amp rack for the Stang, disassembled the car, and then the car got dropped off in Socal. Fast forward a couple of months and the car is now bright orange pearl with gunmetal stripes. The orange has 3 coats of pearl over it then the stripes were layed down and dusted with another light coat of orange pearl. Retail value is between $10-12k. It is bitchin' You really have to see it to truly appreciate it.

001.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Here is where it gets good/funny. I was in Socal helping my parents around the house at the same time my brother picked up his car. I had my yellow 79 KC parked in the driveway. My brother parked behind me. My brother, my father, and I were all out standing in front of the house looking at the new paint job. A 90's Suburban was driving down the street and slowed down, I could see the driver looking into the driveway and I figured he was eyeballing the Stang, I know I was. As he pulls up to the stop sign, the driver leans out the window and says something about the old school Datsun looking good.

016-5.jpg

I looked at my Dad, then my brother, then Dad, then Bro, then back at Dad. I couldn't help myself, I f'n lost it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Dad had a good chuckle, my brother didn' think it was that funny.

This guy didn't give a damn about the bitchin' Mustang. Made my month :lol: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because its a mustang :D

I didn't know they made a convertible rousch. I like the color, but not the stripes. It looks like they got Orange accidents splattered on them. Looks good otherwise.

Yeah in that pic it looks wrong, cheap digital camera pictures really don't do it justice. In the sunlight though it really pops.

• 4 weeks later...

A 90's Suburban was driving down the street and slowed down, I could see the driver looking into the driveway and I figured he was eyeballing the Stang, I know I was. As he pulls up to the stop sign, the driver leans out the window and says something about the old school Datsun looking good.

016-5.jpg

I looked at my Dad, then my brother, then Dad, then Bro, then back at Dad. I couldn't help myself, I f'n lost it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Dad had a good chuckle, my brother didn' think it was that funny.

What's so funny, sounds normal to me!

nothing out of the ordinary here!

you youngsters are living in the golden age of ratsuns

some of us remember when the word "ratsun" was a put-down

(yes, hard to believe that was the case)

but these days, they give us the thumbs up instead of the single-digit salute

• 2 weeks later...