Slave Cylinder

So I ordered a cheap slave cylinder from the local parts store. While bleeding the system, the rod and rod seat pushed out of the housing. This happened just after I had evacuated the air from the line and went for a test push for pedal feel. My questions are: Do you guys think I should just rebuild the original? From whom and where do you guys recommend I purchase a quality rebuild kit or new slave cylinder? And do you guys think this could be attributed to anything other than an old unit and shitty new part happenstance? I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything...

Oh...here's some titties...

boobies-fuko.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened to your new one or old one !? ,,,

They are soooooo cheap ,,, I always just get a new one ! :D

If this happened to your old one ,,,, just install the new one ,,,,

If this happened to your new one ,,, do you have the threaded rod-end/push-rod end ,,,, in correctly ? :huh:

This happened to your new one or old one !? ,,,

They are soooooo cheap ,,, I always just get a new one ! :D

If this happened to your old one ,,,, just install the new one ,,,,

If this happened to your new one ,,, do you have the threaded rod-end/push-rod end ,,,, in correctly ? :huh:

Yeah...it was the new one. And that's why I ordered it...cause it was so cheap. ^_^ I installed the rod correctly. But I had to adjust it out, to account for the slightly different shape and seat depth of the new one. I don't know if this is even possible, but I guess I'm concerned about over-pressurization.?.

007.jpg

So I went out and removed the new slave cylinder. Took a look at it, everything seemed fine so I reassembled it and reinstalled. Started the bleeding procedure and it started to piss, right off the bat. :angry: It's pissing from out of the boot during the clutch depression stroke...just like the old one. Any thoughts, ideas or recommendations?

Oh...and @ss oics...

niceass.jpg

1st choice get a new one from a dealer.

2nd choice get a used one from another car

3rd get a rebuilt from Shucks, beck Arnley, Lordco whatever...

1st choice for rebuilding is with a kit from Nissan

2nd choice is a kit from anywhere else.

• Like 1

I myself

I would try to put it back together. if still leaks get another new one since they are cheap.

rewbuilt kits suck in my opinion. I keep a rebuilt kit in the car if its old and going to travel far in CASE one goes bad.

If it over extended then I guess it your fault. I cant see how they can do that. unless a short rod or something. But yes makes sure the rod put up and th rod is fully seated inside the slave housing.

Jap made Tokico and Nabcos are thew best to get.the rod your using seems a little funky or a rigged up job. I never seen that many threads on thru the fork before.

wonder if you have a mismatched sleeve on the T/O bearing.

• Like 1

Thanks guys...turns out I had my rod length all fucked up. Adjusted it, and it seems to be working fine.

Not the first time I've had rod length issues :P.

it's the motion of the ocean :P

• Like 1