73 1200 US spec bumper spacing....

edp

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pic's DF (maybe I shouldn't use the abbreviation?? could be misinterpreted - no offense intended) those really aren't that far off of mine & those stupid 73 safety bumper brackets cause it - I may cut into them at the top & slot the mount holes so I can push it farther into the car, I really dont like the way it looks this way.

How far above the turn signals does yours sit?

Thanks guys - appreciate it!

Thanks for the pic's DF (maybe I shouldn't use the abbreviation?? could be misinterpreted - no offense intended) those really aren't that far off of mine & those stupid 73 safety bumper brackets cause it - I may cut into them at the top & slot the mount holes so I can push it farther into the car, I really dont like the way it looks this way.

I was thinking of just swapping mine to '71 brackets to see if that helps? Couldn't hurt...

How far above the turn signals does yours sit?

A lot. <_<

I looked at doing a 72 bracket swap & it requires drilling holes into the bumper & I believe the mount spacing was off as well thats why I decided to sell the good 72 bumper I had & use the money to rechrome the 73.

I should take a pic of the spacing above the turn signal & we could compare cuz it sounds like stock fitment isn't too far off where I'm at - I assume you car hasn't been whacked in the front end & its all sitting in its stock position?

I looked at doing a 72 bracket swap & it requires drilling holes into the bumper & I believe the mount spacing was off as well thats why I decided to sell the good 72 bumper I had & use the money to rechrome the 73.

FYI, the '73 valence has bigger cutouts in it for the "taller" brackets. When you use the 71-72 bumpers, and space them down, it's possible there's gonna be two big "holes" just above the bumper.

You can see the cut outs here: http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/04/17/10/55/1973_datsun_1200-pic-23366.jpeg

Kinda makes it look like it's smiling at you... :P

I should take a pic of the spacing above the turn signal & we could compare cuz it sounds like stock fitment isn't too far off where I'm at

Do that, and I'll do the same this weekend.

I assume you car hasn't been whacked in the front end & its all sitting in its stock position?

Never been wrecked, and yes stock position on both bumpers.