bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Na those are the only tail lights we got on the 2doors in Australia:cool:

Sad. The look is nice. I will stick with the sedan tails (red and white) that came with ol' girl... :)

Any pics of your 4door tail lights???

Are they the same as auss 4door?

I think they are different than an Aussie 4 door, but then again I am not sure...:confused:

I am in the process of doing something different to them at the moment, but I will do my best to get a picture posted here soon.

Or Burabuda could have beat me to it... (from page 4 of this thread):

oazs78.jpg

All red brake/tail and tidy white reverse lights...:D

Edited by zerow
Na those are the only tail lights we got on the 2doors in Australia:cool:

That's incorrect, those tailights are late model coupe tailights, the early models (72-73) got the different style chrome surrounds and lenses.

We would never get an all red lense though due to Australian laws for orange indicators.

That's incorrect, those tailights are late model coupe tailights, the early models (72-73) got the different style chrome surrounds and lenses.

We would never get an all red lense though due to Australian laws for orange indicators.

my bad:cool:

I can't help but wonder if my old 610 is still alive.... it would be in the Portland/Vancouver area. last seen it was light metalic blue with blue 200sx seats and 14" slot wheels. The tell tale that it was mine is about a 4" rust repair near the center of the rear window.

Edited by philip1
I can't help but wonder if my old 610 is still alive.... it would be in the Portland/Vancouver area. last seen it was light metalic blue with blue 200sx seats and 14" slot wheels. The tell tale that it was mine is about a 4" rust repair near the center of the rear window.

When I heard your description I immediately thought of this 610

http://jalopnik.com/cars/down-on-the-street/1973-datsun-610-286216.php

I picked up that blue coupe from craigslist a while ago. It's sitting in from of my house now, I'll try and get some pics up soon. Looks like I'm gonna need some help and a few parts here and there, it's a little rough around the edges.

Scott

I picked up that blue coupe from craigslist a while ago. It's sitting in from of my house now, I'll try and get some pics up soon. Looks like I'm gonna need some help and a few parts here and there, it's a little rough around the edges.

Scott

Way to go on the score, Scott. Like I mentioned, I knew the seller, and he used to hang out here on ratsun. Nice guy to talk to, was real interested in getting her fixed up. We would talk shop for a long time, but it gradually dropped off. Let us know what you need, and how we can help.

Does mine have 73 or 74 tail lights????

Way to go on the score, Scott. Like I mentioned, I knew the seller, and he used to hang out here on ratsun. Nice guy to talk to, was real interested in getting her fixed up. We would talk shop for a long time, but it gradually dropped off. Let us know what you need, and how we can help.

Thanks Zerow. I was talking to him about this board, he was saying that he used to talk to someone here. He probably dropped off cause he's having a baby. That's why he was selling the car. He is a cool guy, he's supposed to keep in touch with me so I can tell him how the cars doing, he really didn't want to sell it.

So far I think I'm in better shape than I thought with the car. I got it running and tied up everything with the front end, he thought he broke something. I did blow a fuse or something when I stepped on the brakes though, cause there was a pop, then all the lights went out. Any suggestions where to start? I've got a good amount of body work to do, but the car has potential. The driver's door is also stuck, I need to take a look at it and get it opened.

I know it's kinda noob, but why does everyone switch to 280z/zx front strut assemblies?

Scott

:D:D

Does mine have 73 or 74 tail lights????

Yours are the later type. Not 72-73 which have the large chrome surrounds with the ambers at the outer edge with no seperator bars between them. :D

I did blow a fuse or something when I stepped on the brakes though, cause there was a pop, then all the lights went out. Any suggestions where to start? Scott

I would start at the brake lamp/bulb itself. I would bet that you have solder "bleed" - the solder at the bottom of the bulbs gradually bleeds between the connector and the base where it pools and cools. You step on the brake and the fuse pops, taking out the lights.

Remove bulb, clean out all traces of corrosion and solder, replace with new 1157 bulbs and try the brakes again. Remember, you have the "triple set" lights, all bulbs will/should be 1157s.

:P:p

all i can say is if you're bringing your 610 to jccs, be sure NOT to mark it as a "Bluebird" or they'll stick you with the 510's .... (ahem) ... lols ... oops

:P:p:pYeah, I'm the one who got stuck there! :eek: Even when it was the Bluebird-U (Ultra-man!):D I could have used the 180B badges, then they might have stuck me with the B210ers! :rolleyes:

Best bet maybe for 610's going to JCCS is to try the early USA spec Datsun1800 badging and maybe you'll wind up with the 1200 Sunnys.

1200+610=1810??? LOL...:lol::lol::lol:

:

cheers bloke:cool:

Is yours a 74 or later? Mine is a 73 and came from Ballarat, Vic and has the early type tails. :D

The sedan ones for the early type use the same lenses as the hardtop early type but have a different surround. Painted grey inside and slightly smaller bezel surround. They are interchangeable on the car.

The rear panel on a 610 sedan is not the same as on 180B sss hardtop model. The sss uses a flat rear panel and the sedans use an indented center recessed in area where the badge goes between the tails. Red lettering on the Datsun badge between the tails indicates that it is the sss spec. There is a JDM sedan type with 3 split tails, sort of like the hardtop ones used in JP and the US. Barabuda may have pics of them? This info is mainly for Zero.:cool:

Thanks Zerow. I was talking to him about this board, he was saying that he used to talk to someone here. He probably dropped off cause he's having a baby. That's why he was selling the car. He is a cool guy, he's supposed to keep in touch with me so I can tell him how the cars doing, he really didn't want to sell it.

So far I think I'm in better shape than I thought with the car. I got it running and tied up everything with the front end, he thought he broke something. I did blow a fuse or something when I stepped on the brakes though, cause there was a pop, then all the lights went out. Any suggestions where to start? I've got a good amount of body work to do, but the car has potential. The driver's door is also stuck, I need to take a look at it and get it opened.

I know it's kinda noob, but why does everyone switch to 280z/zx front strut assemblies?

Scott

glad to see you picked it up if you need parts let me know i have a nice stash now :D as for the light issue try jiggling the rear harness where ti goes threw the hole buy the filler neck its a tight area and sometimes the wires will rub threw and ground out mine did this on shelly i wiggled the wires and all worked and i wasent poping fuses so i fished it out ans sure enough there was some nice exposed wires a razorblade some soder and heatshrink and about 10 minutes later all was good :D

This info is mainly for Zero.:cool:

Thanks GrUveeDat. I will be running the stock sedan tails. I have a pic of the SSS taillights from my JDM dealer brochure - I still like what I've got, and I'm doing some mods to the stock ones that'll be much more visible day and night :cool:

Mine is a 74 SSS:cool:

You listed your car as a 73? Could it be a late production in 73 and was actually the 74 model year? That sometimes happens after August. :cool: