G Machine idler arm bushing install

I am trying to replace the idler arm bushing on my 510 but I can't get off the metal sleeve. I removed the old bushing already. I bought the G Machine idler arm bushing kit, it comes with a new metal sleeve and 2 bushings. How do I remove the old metal sleeve on the idler arm?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip about the hack saw it worked good just took a little time. When you installed your new sleeve, are you able to move it pretty easily. I put my new sleeve on and it is not tight on the idler arm. Is that how its supposed to be?

I have not got a chance to install yet. I also replaced all the tie rod bushings. Luckily I have extra steering parts ( center link, tie rods, idler arm ) so I rebuilt everthing and put it all together, now I just need to pull the old shit out. I think I am going to use my adjustable control arms and tc rods that I was saving for my 2 door. Hopefully I will be able to do the wok tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it turns out.