Cam Id Help Please

chester

So the l16 I bought it had a brand new cam in it and all I saw then was cwc and I-5 then yesterday I saw the end when I switched to my peanut head and at the end it had a hex head in the middle and had 685 stapped in it a one spot and the letter A in another. Any help would be great. Thank you Dan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CWC is a cam casting brand. I5 is part of their name (I think). "A" is the stock number, as in U20 A. There were usually A, B, and C in stock form. The 685 doesn't ring any bells.

You can send it out to a friend of mine, John Dougherty, and he'll tell you what it is.

http://www.drcamshafts.com/

hmmm ok, yeah wide14u was there and from looking at a stock u20 cam b and this cam being talked about you can visibly see that this cam is bigger I should mic it and go from there. and what do you mean by send it? you mean the cam if so that will be kind of hard since it is in the truck and my dd

CWC I believe is a atermarket casting.

MY Schneider has it and my 2 Webcamshfts has it.

So I believe you have a after markets cam shaft and I dont know but you could look under Schneider and see maybe they have a profile number that will corelate. But I HOPE however put it in didnt just put a cam in there with stock retainer and stuff as that why it could be noisier. I notice if stock retainers are used and say a 160/170 size pad will fit in there as the book says but it coulld rock around as there is half the lash pad isnt secure in the cup(retainer). also hopefully wipe pattern is in the center also.

Schneider lists .006 / .008 cold on valve lash