Fuel pump for dual carbs

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look through back pages and did search. Must not be putting right words.

Anyways, can the stock fuel pump handle dual weber 40's?

Thanks

Yes, I run the stock fuel pump on Lisas 510 with the 2.2 and 44mm Mikunis no issues

Clayton

Exactly right. A single DCOE flow 98% of what dual carbs will, per my Holley book. This is for the typical dual-DCOE setup of one barrel per cylinder.

However if you put the twin carbs on a shared plenum so each cylinder draws from both carbs, they can flow twice as much (if the engine is capable of using that much power). Ernie did this and had to use dual fuel pumps, of course the engine was built up to make this much power at 9500 RPM:

18026.jpg

Exactly right. A single DCOE flow 98% of what dual carbs will, per my Holley book. This is for the typical dual-DCOE setup of one barrel per cylinder.

However if you put the twin carbs on a shared plenum so each cylinder draws from both carbs, they can flow twice as much (if the engine is capable of using that much power). Ernie did this and had to use dual fuel pumps, of course the engine was built up to make this much power at 9500 RPM:

Great info! Curious if the interconnecting tube on the 220 SU intake flows enough for all cylinders to make use of both carbs. It looks to be a good 3/4 to 1" inner diameter.