projekt Left Hand...1971 datsun 521

I know what world I live in, and I have 2 1/2 inches of travel, a box with fenders made of fiberglass, and I bottom out(barely touch) most everytime  I drive it, when I haul stuff in mine, I have to be very careful not to hit anything big going fast, and I know when mine hits, bacause it is metal to metal.

1 1/2 inches is not much, but that is my opinion.

I am running stock 720 leafs with 3 inch blocks.

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg
Looking at it now, it looks like I am hitting the bolt heads, so that only gave me 2 inches of travel, as I measured both places, in the middle(2 1/2") and at the pad end(2").
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we removed that flat bracket on the rearend gained 1/2......and instead used some conveyor material to make a pad to ride on or hit on compression....it uses those two bolts on the under side of the frame to attach it

i call the suspension on my 521 a droop set up cause all the dampening is on the up stroke...lol

I am leaving the metal pads on because it makes it stronger there in case I hit something hard.

I plan on notching the frame there in the near future, I have saved a set of the frame pieces that hold the bump stops, I am going to weld them frame pieces above the existing frame, then cut out the unwanted pieces, and bolt the stock bump stops into position, I may have to cut the top off the added frame pieces, but I planned to make side pieces and a top to weld them on after everything was put into position.