6 to 4 lug adapters??

Siqx20

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats kinda what i was thinking. I think my machinist buddy can make them of better quality.. and then i kno i can trust. but im not sure. I have always been against spacer type stuff cause i think they are kinda janky. idk. Im gonna do some research. but your right its hard to find a good wheel in a 6 lug sometimes. having a 4 or 5 lug option would open alot of doors as far as wheels goes.

Well im just looking at wheel options. I was looking at bag kits on the site and came accross. I understand that 6 will be stronger and what not. Just havent found much i like in a 6. Maybe im just still growing out of my honda days :P but i have been spending alot more time working on my datsun over my honda these days... kinda odd lol

Thats kinda what i was thinking. I think my machinist buddy can make them of better quality.. and then i kno i can trust. but im not sure. I have always been against spacer type stuff cause i think they are kinda janky. idk. Im gonna do some research. but your right its hard to find a good wheel in a 6 lug sometimes. having a 4 or 5 lug option would open alot of doors as far as wheels goes.

I don't see a problem with them unless they're of inferior materials & workmanship. People say blah blah blah about spacers adding extra strain to axle bearings, or causing some other made-up issue, but if you have a +30mm wheel with a 30mm spacer on an axle designed for a 0 offset wheel, how exactly is that any different to the axle? All the original geometry remains the same, and assuming the spacer is of good design and material, then it shouldn't be any weaker than the 0 offset wheel in the first place. My main concern would be with interference between the bolt circles and there being enough beef and mounting area between the two sets of bolts. But on the other hand, I think there are a lot of good looking 6 bolt wheels, so I think you're just not looking hard enough :) Just saw these this evening: http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/pts/2355685365.html

metalmonkey47 user_popup.png

Quite the opposite actually. I'd love to have 6lug over 4. My 4 just fall off too easyily blink.giflaugh.gif

4 Lug To 6 Lug Wheel Adapters

If you got those, then you would only need 4-lug to 5-lug adapters to get the really good wheels ...

thumbup1.gif

Bookmarked! I've always wanted to go to 5lug. They are sooo much better!

I don't see a problem with them unless they're of inferior materials & workmanship. People say blah blah blah about spacers adding extra strain to axle bearings, or causing some other made-up issue,

Sorry,Matt-it's not made up.

Sorry,Matt-it's not made up.

Read the rest of the sentence? If you're using a spacer to adapt a high offset wheel to a low offset axle (which is typically what people are doing when running spacers on Datsuns), then yes, it's made up. If my 510 needs a +12mm 14x6 wheel and I have a +37mm 14x6 wheel with a 25mm spacer, there is no difference to the axle/spindle than running the +12mm 14x6 wheel. The wheel with spacer is now in the same position as the lower offset wheel.

being in the street truck scene for so long i have been around airbagit.com and chassis tech stories and i know in their earlier days alot of their stuff was crap and cheaply made and made all kinds of problems for themselves. so just to let you people who dont know the back story. so just a word of advice, if the price seems to good , it probably is in this case. do some research and sadly theres alot of dirt floating around.

buy at your own risk

my 2 cents

I have a set, been driving on them for years. They are 6 bolt datsun / chevy to 5 on 4.5" . I like them but I'm thinking of parting with them. I don't get any vibrations with them, never fell apart on me, the only bad is the 8mm allen head studs were poor quality and I bought new hardened studs. They are the studs the hold the adapter together.

I drove my spacers on a 1200 mile trip with my 74 620 on 18" rims.