Stage 3 Clutch for SR20DET

dennis

Since I have my engine and tranny separated I figured I would change out the clutch and flywheel. I was wondering if I would have any issues if I were to run a Stage 3 clutch on a stock SR20DET. My plans are to upgrade to a disco potato and 555cc injectors once I get the stock engine running. I figure I knock it out since I am already in there.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stage 3.

How makes the clutch.?

I know SPEC brands makes various stages of Clutches but most likely its the same pressure plate just different disc. Unless you have the specs on this or link us to a manfacture.

I know when I sat in Jeff Hinos(Icehouse) Old beater510 with SR20DET. it had a stock clutch and its pretty dam stout as it is. If a girl has to drive it or is a daily driver one will not want to drive this thing everyday just for work.

i would go with a stage 3 unless you are drag racing, drifting, or have a leg the size of hercules!!!!!!!!! I just bought the exedy stage 1, it is still a one peice friction disc with a slight upgrade in materials and just a little bit stiffer springs over stock, perfect for a little street abuse, just under 300$ it was in my price range, I would go spending 500-1000$ just on a clutch, go with the exedy stage one and you will be glad you did.

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

i would go with a stage 3 unless you are drag racing, drifting, or have a leg the size of hercules!!!!!!!!! I just bought the exedy stage 1, it is still a one peice friction disc with a slight upgrade in materials and just a little bit stiffer springs over stock, perfect for a little street abuse, just under 300$ it was in my price range, I would go spending 500-1000$ just on a clutch, go with the exedy stage one and you will be glad you did.

Ya...I recently bought the same 1.

This 240mm application is rated for 312 ft/lbs or torque I believe.

cl33.jpg

stage 3.

How makes the clutch.?

I know SPEC brands makes various stages of Clutches but most likely its the same pressure plate just different disc. Unless you have the specs on this or link us to a manfacture.

I know when I sat in Jeff Hinos(Icehouse) Old beater510 with SR20DET. it had a stock clutch and its pretty dam stout as it is. If a girl has to drive it or is a daily driver one will not want to drive this thing everyday just for work.

I will be probably running the Exedy Stage 1. with either a Fidanza or Exedy flywheel. Any of you guys have lightened flywheels?

it wont be a daily, more like a every other weekend driver or just whenever I want. My stock clutch has plenty of miles left on it but I like a tighter clutch plus I am looking for around 300whp

Hainz my beater with the SR had a 3 puck stage 2 Exedy. That was an expensive clutch 400 I think. It grabbed hard though! Dillon has the same on in his green car, Frank has an 3 puck ACT stage 2 clutch in his turbo KA car, seems to feel the same as the Exedy.

Hainz my beater with the SR had a 3 puck stage 2 Exedy. That was an expensive clutch 400 I think. It grabbed hard though! Dillon has the same on in his green car, Frank has an 3 puck ACT stage 2 clutch in his turbo KA car, seems to feel the same as the Exedy.

Jeff, how much HP and TQ did the beater have? What mods were done?

Dennis

Jeff I believe was pulling 185 to 200 to the ground. when he was on Dyno.That clutch made my Roadster clutch fell like a Pussy

maybe a stock type disc is better for daily driver than the ON/OFF feel of a Puck clutch

http://www.importrp.com/

They do have the Daikin/Exedy clutches as Hoosier and Sealick have. Thats good as maybe its a beeter option for the L motor truck guys than finding a 200mm flywheel for the L20/22/24 and use the stage 1 or 2 in 225mm flywheels

Dennis

Jeff I believe was pulling 185 to 200 to the ground. when he was on Dyno.That clutch made my Roadster clutch fell like a Pussy

maybe a stock type disc is better for daily driver than the ON/OFF feel of a Puck clutch

http://www.importrp.com/

They do have the Daikin/Exedy clutches as Hoosier and Sealick have. Thats good as maybe its a beeter option for the L motor truck guys than finding a 200mm flywheel for the L20/22/24 and use the stage 1 or 2 in 225mm flywheels

Im thinking the same thing, worst case scenario is I have to replace the clutch.

I will probably just throw this badboy on along with a lightened flywheel

http://www.frsport.com/Exedy-06803B-High-Performance-Stage-1-Clutch-Kit-S13-S14-SR20DET_p_1193.html