My "new" 620

ryknot

My buddy gave me the 75' lil hustler in trade for a place to store his "toys" (his red 620 and his 3 jet skis with rights to use) untill he has room to put them. Fair trade i think.

I spent the day at the "pick and pull" gathering most of the items needed for my 5 speed conversion -

It oozes with all original pumpkin patina and lil hustler decal and it runsicon6.gif Check out the hood ornament. Have you seen this before? It looks to be original . . ?

0417111759.jpg

0417111800.jpg

0418111431a.jpg

0418111432a.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

620s didn't have a hood ornament. The 5 speed will fit just fine. Swap and use the release bearing collar/housing you have on your 4 speed. (but change the bearing of course)You can use either clutch arm if one comes with it. Put a dab of grease on the ball pivot and pack the release bearing. Damn nice looking truck.

620s didn't have a hood ornament. The 5 speed will fit just fine. Swap and use the release bearing collar/housing you have on your 4 speed. (but change the bearing of course)You can use either clutch arm if one comes with it. Put a dab of grease on the ball pivot and pack the release bearing. Damn nice looking truck.

Its actually an auto, but I assume I should just buy a new release bearing/collar for a 620 four speed as well as the clutch and pressure plate? i have the flywheel that came with the 5 speed which, if i understand some of your other posts correctly is what i need to use, yes? Thanks for your input Mike.

Measure the clutch disc contact diameter on the flywheel to be safe. (the flywheel determines the pressure plate size) Very likely it's the same size as the truck at 225mm. If so, then get either a truck or a z clutch for it, a release bearing and matching collar.

This one is a 240mm

flywheel240mmthree2Large.jpg

You'll need both peddles, a clutch master (with pushrod) and slave, a hard and a flex line to connect them, a pilot bushing. The transmission may have the clutch arm and dust boot on it, but if not you will need them also.

When the auto is removed there is a spacer between the flex plate and the crank. It may or may not need to be pried of,f but the flywheel won't fit if you don't remove it.

motorZ24crankauto.jpgmotorZ24crankstandard.jpg

:DAwesome. Got all of that today at the pick and pull (the pedels, hardline,etc)

and ill buy a new slave and clutch master cyl, pilot bushing, clutch,pressure

plate and T.O. bearing this week. - I appreciate your guys' kind words and knowledge.

• Like 1