Mikuni 44

budsaipan

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to setup the dual mikunis and I was wondering what the purpose of the insulators/spacers are for? Is is necessary?

I know there's mikuni insulators and nismo insulators and seems like it cost 200 for a set.

Can I just use gasket between the carb and manifold without those insulators??

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would run isolators as that helps with heat transfer and vibration. wolf creek or rebello racing should be able to offer them. as for pierce I suppose the ones they sell should work for mikuni as Pierce mainly sells weber parts

I would run isolators as that helps with heat transfer and vibration. wolf creek or rebello racing should be able to offer them. as for pierce I suppose the ones they sell should work for mikuni as Pierce mainly sells weber parts

Stupid me.. Is it called isolators and not insulators?? I guess that's what I need. I'll check those guys.

if you dont run the isolators then your fuel will boil in the float bowl, I had a set of 44's on my l20b and i could run the dog shit out of them and get the engine smoking hot and reach down and touch the carbs and the venturi action actually made the carbs cold. so cold that the y would sometimes sweat on high humidity days. YOU HAVE TO RUN THE ISOLATORS get with todd walrich at wolf creek racing, he will take care of you.

I sell NISSAN comp isolators, $33 each, in stock! Troy Ermish 510-252-1001.

Troy's or Todd's are indeed recommended, but the thinner which plastic ones with O-rings also work OK. Depending on air filter type, and manifold type (mikuni shorty versus some other types that are a little longer) - clearance can be an issue.

But I agree with most above, get the good rubber isolators like Troy and Todd have. $33 is a very good price for one.

One nice advantage of these units is they have studs mounted in them, one which mounts the carb and one which mounts to the manifold. Since broken carb mounting ears have been observed (and that's a much bigger pain than insulator cost) I'd bite the bullet