521 special kinda voltage regulator

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The instrument board voltage regulator for a 510 or 410/411 should work. The basic differences are the shape of the tab that secures the VR to the motherboard and provides grounding. Just bend 90 degrees or straighten it out depanding on which unit you finally get. I also add a short jumper wire with spade ends from this mounting screw to a convenient ground point as backup. By the way, a firm smack with the palm of the hand on top of the instrument cluster will usually shock the existing unit into full operation. If the fuel gauge starts operating [temp to follow] you re good to go.

also clean the wire/terminal at the water sending unit and remove the door in the bed and clean off the wires to the fuel sending unit. you can ground the water temp wire and the fuel wire and see if the gauges work. if not its the gauges or gauge volt regulator.

both my gauges would drop and i could stick my hand under the dash while driving and tap the gauge volt reg and the gauges would work for a short while.

also clean the wire/terminal at the water sending unit and remove the door in the bed and clean off the wires to the fuel sending unit. you can ground the water temp wire and the fuel wire and see if the gauges work. if not its the gauges or gauge volt regulator.

already tryed mane

How about just removing it and plug it back in. Or undo the tabs and just touch the wire at the ends. it might work again. it just a pc of then wire wraped around a pc of metal. thats it. Take note whci way it goes back on as you can swap it around but them its just a pc of wire. in and out so It might not matter

good advice :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.