need to go lower

Well i lowered the torsion bars all the way and its not low enough for me. Can i get longer bolts and lower it more or is that bad? If so whats a cheap and good alternative.

Second the back is not low enough and im running 3 inch blocks is it ok to double the blocks i was thinking adding 1 inch blocks and maybe a taking a leaf out?

Im running 15x8 wheels with a -19 offset sooner or later ill be running 16x9s but until then i wanna get a nice drop and some good tuck with the 15s.

The ride is already bad due to blown shocks which im currently looking for i know theres multiple options for shocks but dont know the best bang for your buck. any info would be killer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you bothered to search even a little bit? No, didn't think so.

Hold on, let me go get my spoon.

This information has been covered so many times.

The front, you need to re-index the torsion bars. There is no need for longer bolts. Search how to do it.

The rear has many options, removing a leaf is one option, four inch blocks are available, having your rear springs de-arched is another option. However, stacking blocks is generally not a good idea. Search, to learn about the option that suites you.

• Like 1

Chester, i would like to see all of the info that i can about the 720 4x4 leafs. I have measured them, and heard people say they fit, but NEVER actually seen a set, or any pictures of them in a truck.

Please give us all the info that you can about this.

• Like 1

Chester, i would like to see all of the info that i can about the 720 4x4 leafs. I have measured them, and heard people say they fit, but NEVER actually seen a set, or any pictures of them in a truck.

Please give us all the info that you can about this.

Go to my project thread free dans 620and the is pics. All I did was got some off of a 85 or 86and the shackles and bushings. If I remember the shackle bolts are a different size. The main difference is that they are softer . I am running those withe 3 inch blocks and I have to do a mine c notch because I only have abot t inches of travel without the bump stops

I also reindexed my torsion bars, have 3" blocks in the rear with the center 3 leafs removed...no give in the front suspension wise, and about an inch and a half or so of travel in the rear. Looks great...thank god for the springy bench seat, my backs not broken yet! Check my thread out at "Hello, I am the NFG." Hope it helps!

this pic is from before I did the leafs. I have 3 inch blocks with the full spring pack012511170412.jpg This next pic is with 3 inch blocks and the fill leaf pack out of a 85 4X4 720 and all I did to put them in was you the bushings that I got with the 720 and the 720 shackles022011120915.jpg As you can see it dropped it quite a bit. The thing that shock me the most was that the 4X4 leafs are softer atleast they feel like it. Also in the before pic I had about an inch of travel up front without the bump stops and now i did the torsion bars all the way so its sitting on bottomed out shocks but the ride is way better now then it was. kind of crazy if you ask me i thought it would be worse

Edited by chester
  • Like 2

This next pic is with 3 inch blocks and the full leaf pack out of a 85 4X4 720 and all I did to put them in was you the bushings that I got with the 720 and the 720 shackles

Interesting that you were able to use the 720 bushings without a problem. Cool that it works, because Energy Suspension makes urethane bushings for the 720's.

Longer travel shocks?? Long travel is generally for the pre-runner trucks and the 4x4 guys.

How about describing what you are trying to do. You certainly are not going to get longer travel out of a lowered datsun.

And secondly, have you bothered to do some searching about the shocks for lowered datsuns? This has been covered multiple times also.

And since i still seem to have my spoon handy, try searching "Pinto"