New guy

Hey all. I'm the tfg here. I've like Datsun since I was little, all because of a '72 240Z. ATM, I have a '79 280ZX, and an '07 Titan. The Z is stock, not sure of where to take it, and the Titan covers all dd and vehiclur destruction duties. I was referred to the site by ]2eDeYe. When get some pics of my Z, I'll post them along some pics of my friends '77 widebody. Just wanted to say hello.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to check my own thread. Here are a couple of pics. Two of my Z, and one of the Titan. I'm going to be selling the Z soon. I don't forsee it getting off those stands in the next few years. The Titan is eventually going to get lowered, but it's fine the way it is now.

mytitan.jpg

carpics5.jpg

myz.jpg

pope_face: I was thinking of building the 620 like a tuner car. I've always liked the old school, but with a twist. I was thinking a nice good lowered stance (with the rear being swapped for a 4 link), disc brake conversion, and a little turbo motivation. Plus, painted galaxy black just like the Titan. I want to at least hit up a few auto-x's with it though. I already scare/impress people with the way I handle the Titan. So why not build a truck that's have the size and weight with similar hp. Just something that I think that I will have a lot of fun with. As to why I chose the 620 when there are other trucks to do it with? It was the only one that had that old school look that I want.

Awesome... they they are nice looking trucks. What kind of power are you expecting to get out of it though? And if you're planning on doing auto-X then I'd take a look at a few of the events and find out the rules/regulations for them... There's a shop up here that does a lot of Datsun work and they've got a modified 510 they race down in the States, but they need to run carbs for their events... if you've gotta do the same it'll really affect your engine choices...

Well, I want the same power my Titan generates, which is 317 at the flywheel (Nissan claims). I have looked into the rules of auto-x events, and they don't seem to like trucks all that much. One other thought was to just go ahead and build the truck then just let them place it in a class. That thought was shot down when I went to a local speedshop my friend works at, his dad races Porsches, and he had been to alot of auto-x's. He told me that the class it would be put into would be so high, that there would be no chance for me to be competitive. He said attending a few track days that allow the amount of mods I want to do would be a better idea. As for carbs, I'm not a big fan of them. That's why I was thinking engine swap. Either way, I want a badass little 620 that noone would expect to keep up with them.

317 hp at the flywheel sounds great, but I'd be prepared to spend a lot of money on something like that. You'd probably have to go with either the same engine as your Titan or an older V8. It can be done, it'll just take a lot of time and money. Definately sounds like an interesting project though...

I know, I had alot of fun showing people what a low powered car can do. Used to have a old 3rd gen. Celica with a 105 flywheel hp rating. That thing was a blast to toss around. I surprised my best freind with it when a I cleared a tight left at almost the same speed he did in his car. I think it would be nice, but I also want to feel the acceleration that almost too much power would give. Plus, I didn't mention, but I do highway runs with my car crew and I would need the power to keep up.

No, I intend to do an engine swap to either the KA or SR. Might end up doing the KA instead of the SR simply because they're dirt cheap compared to an SR. And some companies have some good offerings for them now. Plus, I have this wierd OCD thing about numbers that makes me want the KA simply because it's a 2.4.