78 longbed score

pharouh

Last Friday I got another 620. I saw this on CL last year and talked to the guy a few times.It was too late in the year to do anything about it then. a few weeks ago,I emailed him and he still had it $500 with a bed full of parts.It ran when he drove onto the trailer,but now it just turns over Hmmm. Too cold to mess with it right now.

It did come with a bunch of parts though. 2 fenders,a good hood,4 stock rims with tires,,door,an L20b,and trans,and boxes of smaller stuff like headlights,taillights,wiring harness,bolts,older Hitachi carb,etc.

Bed is rusty,but the floors look good. Dash is really nice only one crack.

Anyway,no to the pics!

red1a.jpg

red2.jpg

red6.jpg

red5.jpg

What kind of trans is this?

red3.jpg

red11.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

red3.jpg

F4W71B (4 spd.)

That flywheel looks kind of big. Measure across the contact surface.. looks like 240mm (9 1/2")

red11.jpg

I see the valve cover breather hos has been replaced and stuck down behind the motor. Could be there's lots of blow by oil getting on the air filter. Build that spare L20B block in your spare time and slip it in.

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!

Mike,the flywheel measures 12" across the face. I noticed the tube,too. I haven't really done much under the hood yet. I've seen some wires that aren't connected. Crap... speaking of wires,here's my fuel pump wiring. Could be a problem? :blink:

wirenut.jpg

Been working on it today despite the cool temps-under 40 degrees. Got everything out of the bed and took off the elephant ear mirrors.

org1.jpg

org2.jpg

Southern truck... ;)

red9.jpg

Looks like a deal... It looks like it was pretty well taken care of and it will clean up well. Friggin score on those floorboards.

I was looking for a plastic bedliner for a shortbed but I couldnt find one that fit right. I really dont like them but they definitely save the bedsides if you actually use the truck.

Wheres the crack on the dash and how big is it?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/26622-winter-in-north-idaho/page__p__384702__fromsearch__1#entry384702

Ive got a pic of how I "fixed" one near the end of the thread. Its not perfect looking but its not anywhere near as noticeable as a crack and it wont spread. If you look along the back of the dash facing the windshield you will probably see a few small cracks beginning. If you do the same thing to the small starts you can keep them from spreading.

Also... Does that floor mat have cracks/tears below the gas pedal? Ive been looking for a cherry one for the 74 but I havent been able to find one.

It's alive! I got it running today! the problem was the inline fuse on the fuel pump. I tried to get it apart but couldn't.It looked like on for a radio. Push in and twist. Right? So I tried it again, and it sputtered (literally) to life.Once it warmed up,it ran like a Datsun should. Carb needs adjusting,but no biggie. Maybe run some carb cleaner through it?