5 Speed transmission for L16

atcupit

What 5 speed transmission is most compatible with a L16 Motor? I am looking for something that will ideally bolt right up with very little issues. Wish I could afford an L20 swap but for now just looking for a 5 speed for highway driving.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What 5 speed transmission is most compatible with a L16 Motor? I am looking for something that will ideally bolt right up with very little issues. Wish I could afford an L20 swap but for now just looking for a 5 speed for highway driving.

I'm not a truck guy but just about any L (and Some Z) series Tranny bolts up to your L16... It seems like the real question is: What is the closest 5 speed tranny in length to your stock truck tranny? On Dimes its the 78-79' 200SX Dogleg 5-speed. Same length as stock and bolts to any L motor. That way you don't have to cut your drive line or get a new one :)

'76 620 truck? FS5W71B Drops right in with no mods.

Sometimes I think people should not be allowed to join Ratsun until they answer several 5-speed questions that require they Search/Google.

Folks wanna help, but get tired of the same freaking questions from the I'm-new-or-stupid-or-lazy-or-clueless-or-all-of-the-above. The result is silence and/or abuse.

125a5b3c.gif