ka24e hardbody motor

hello im putting a ka24e in my 620 out of a 2wd 90 hardbody... well I got a junk yard by me with ka hardbodys up the ass... theres a ton.... well ive heard the automatic ecu is good because it dosnt have a rev limiter should I get myself one of those? should i pull a fuse box and stuff will that help me wire mine in? what would be useful for a ka swap out of a hardbody? Is there anything you need for your KA swap? ecu's are only 25 and harnesses about the same..... I could get ya 2wd oil pans.... whatever just would like to make a little for my time.... let me know...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so do all hardbodys come with a ka24e motor. correct me please. lol. my bro has a hard body he is gonna sell and swears it doesnt have that motor. am i wrong or is he. cus DATSUN411sss remember is swaping one into his 411 which looks pretty simalar to mine just mine is stock and white. so im confused and would like to shove it in my bros face if im right. if not, then damn it. i wont by the truck for the motor later in the future.

Guest kamakazi620

okay so do all hardbodys come with a ka24e motor. correct me please. lol. my bro has a hard body he is gonna sell and swears it doesnt have that motor. am i wrong or is he. cus DATSUN411sss remember is swaping one into his 411 which looks pretty simalar to mine just mine is stock and white. so im confused and would like to shove it in my bros face if im right. if not, then damn it. i wont by the truck for the motor later in the future.

the early hardbody's have z24's in them

Keep in mind that the whole EFI system is different from the trucks and the 240sx's also.

Hardbody (throttle body injection, similar to a carb)

DSCF1830.jpg

240sx (Port injection, feeds fuel directly to each cylinder)

IMG_8744.jpg

As you can see, they can be swapped though

ya i know.... i got a throttle body truck motor and i dont have money to try to get the 240 intake and ecu and wiring.... im doing this on the cheap... i already have all the truck stuff.... im just wondering if the relays and the fuse box out of the hardbody would help me wire it all in? how about the dash?

The Hardbody harness is mixed in with the main harness and a bitch to separate. Instaed get one from a 240sx they are totally separate and only need 2-3 wires to hook up.

will the 240 harness work with the hardbody ecu and intake?

I wouldn't bet on it. The truck TBI and 240sx Port Fuel Injection are two completely different types of systems. The truck will pulse 1 or 2 injectors(I'm not sure, I've never seen this system up close), whereas the 240sx system will use 4 separate injectors.

CORRECTION! The KA24E hardbody motor is NOT TBI. It looks like it, but is multiport just like the KA car, however the intake is substantially different. If you look at the intake manifold, you'll note the hardbody injectors are at the end of the intake, exactly where they are on 90% of Nissan applications. The Z24 however, was a throttlebody injection and used to dribbler style Chevy looking things in it. Works quite well actually, but completely different since it's a wet manifold vs. dry manifold.

86.5-89 hardbodies have Z24, 90+ hardbodies have KA24E. Except mine. ;)

(I don't know if the stock KA24E system is sequential or batch fire.) The Z20E efi system like on my 510 is batch fire.

kaz24motoralmostin1.jpg

• Like 1

My guess is that big pulley at the top is for the air pump?? Smog stuff

i dont think so, i want to say its power steering.... mabey a/c gimme a sec ill search the forumz

edit: should be powersteering... s13's have them on the exhaust side... i guess the truck block has it on top because of hood clearance, unlike on the 240sx so says a few ppl on www.ka-t.org

http://www.theautopa...campaign=nissan

• Like 1

On the truck motor, the power steering pump is off the left side top of the head, then there's the small idler pulley on the right side in the picture, going around the crank pulley to complete. If you want to try and steer a 3800 truck without power steering, you could certainly eliminate that pulley, but you better have big arms. ;)

On the truck motor, the power steering pump is off the left side top of the head, then there's the small idler pulley on the right side in the picture, going around the crank pulley to complete. If you want to try and steer a 3800 truck without power steering, you could certainly eliminate that pulley, but you better have big arms. ;)

but a 620 isnt a 3800 pound truck ;)

True that, and the 620 is set up for manual steering, the steering box is geared a lot lower. 2286 is probably right, which explains why anyone who has ever attempted to tow a car behind a 620 knows the full meaning of a "white knuckle" ride. :D

CORRECTION! The KA24E hardbody motor is NOT TBI. It looks like it, but is multiport just like the KA car, however the intake is substantially different. If you look at the intake manifold, you'll note the hardbody injectors are at the end of the intake, exactly where they are on 90% of Nissan applications. The Z24 however, was a throttlebody injection and used to dribbler style Chevy looking things in it. Works quite well actually, but completely different since it's a wet manifold vs. dry manifold.

86.5-89 hardbodies have Z24, 90+ hardbodies have KA24E. Except mine. ;)

(I don't know if the stock KA24E system is sequential or batch fire.) The Z20E efi system like on my 510 is batch fire.

kaz24motoralmostin1.jpg

Thank you Matt for the correction.