Shingo's USA visit -Truck trends magazine editor-

As some of you know last week SWDP & friends had the pleasure of hosting our friend from Japan Shingo takeshita for several days last week. He is one of the editors of Truck trends magazine & his original plan was to fly over to shoot several "features" & also coverage of the FF show @ Lake perris on March 13th. With Steroid's help & generosity we were able to visit Arizona & Laughlin Nevada for 2 days after the show. We then took him to Mikes friends business http://www.laughlinadventuretours.com/ & he had a blast & best of all it was a total surprise ! The next day we took him on parts of Route 66 for more photo's & surprises. We returned back @ the Wig wam motel Tuesday evening for a surprise BBQ / meet & greet. This was our way to thank him for the awesome coverage of our BBQ last Sept. I was able to pick him up from LAX when he arrived & myself & Steroid got him back to LAX for his departure. All in all he had a great time even considering the tragedy in Japan that had just begun as he was ready to depart from Narita airport in Tokyo. Here are just a few pix we took during his visit, ill post them all in the coming days.

Brad Steroid & Tony...

1zfuel5.jpg

24xnng6.jpg

35b8qyu.jpg

waterfall in the desert ?

2znub5u.jpg

doing the "wildman" walk...

2vjapux.jpg

1zbe7iw.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the adventure of a lifetime!! Not only for Shingo, but Mark, Tony and I as well. Can You imagine a person that has never been in the desert, let alone drive a mini rail through it?!?!? This is part of what Shingo was able to experience with My friend, Brad Mays company, Laughlin Adventure Tours. Brad has been a fellow railroad employee for years and started the tours about 7 or 8 years ago. He is now branching out with Grand Canyon helicoptor tours! There is so much to tell about all We did and saw but this thread will in time sum it up.

Dave and Rob W., I am sorry to bring bad news but as of now, SWDP is just only limited to Southern California, Arizona and Nevada. Perhaps one day We will add New Mexico. We will definately NOT be adding Northern California, Utah, Oregon or Washington. Please remember We are NOT a club, just local guys that get together once in a while. Thanks.

Oh sure be that way....I dont want to be in your little group anyways so there!!!! LOL... No I know it is all about your group down there, I just liked that patch Mark had on his Jacket, So I guess if I want one I am going to have to move down there ay!!!