windshield datsun 521 OMG expensive!

I finally after lots of searching, found replacement glass for my 521. I just wanted to price it and plan on replacing it at the first rock chip so it would be actually clear and stop leaking into the cab around the seal I already goobered it up with sealant. I know it's easy to break the glass taking it out to replace the seal, so really wanted to do it all at once. The price was $721 loose $821 installed. Is there any better deal? I've seen complete 521s cheaper than that. Next question, I've seen those polishers for the plastic headlights, is the fog internal or could they shine up to a crystal clear finish? I don't care about the little bubbles that definitely are internal, just the clarity of the majority of the windshield. Please keep in mind, i'm a cheapskate, anyone telling me there's a cheaper way but its a pain in the ass and I should just pony up that much cash anyway, will be ignored :) . I'm the guy that spent hours breaking down cleaning, soldering a used starter to keep the gear reduction style and save the 32 bucks for a replacement. (No, it didn't work, it was beyond repair, and a complete waste of time) I'm alot freer with my labor than with my cash. Also it'd be cool to have the polisher setup for anything else with plastic in it that needs a nice shine. Do you guys know what i'm talking about? I've seen it around the Truck shops like Freightliner. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance. :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 521 windshield is turning blue/hazey as well. It sat for bout 9 years. It is internal between the glass, nuttin we can do. I have priced glass as well and found them for bout the same price you mentioned :o

Damn, and.... Damn!

that much money, they better roll up and down, and have dial adjustable tinting/mirror effect. like a built in sunshade :) and photo radar sensor to mirror you so they can't say you were driving, thus.... no ticket!! I'll pay a grand for that!!!

Did you call Pilkington's Classic Glass? They had Datsun B110 glass for like $300.

Woohooo!!!!!! They quoted me 295!!!!! Standard blue tinted he said..... He said he gave me the dealer price though. He Didn't think I should have to pay more than that for glass. I AGREE! Thanks for the tip.

i got a 521 windshield... u remove it outta truck its yours for $50....

Thanks, good price for sure, but that's a long drive for me at nearly 4 bucks a gallon, and my glass is okay, just hazy, so I wanted to go with new, and probably not until I get a decent rock chip or the glare at night gets blinding. I was more preparing for the future. Thanks again though, I bet someone closer on here will come get it at that price.

I have a windshield it has a chip but it doesnt leak, only problem is I don't know that I will be able to take it out until Canby or till I get the truck torn apart ready to piece out as I don't want the truck to turn into a hangout for birds and cats and rats etc.

I have a windshield it has a chip but it doesnt leak, only problem is I don't know that I will be able to take it out until Canby or till I get the truck torn apart ready to piece out as I don't want the truck to turn into a hangout for birds and cats and rats etc.

Thanks, but only my windshield Seal, leaks, and it would be better to go with new if I was just fixing that. Messaged you about some other goodies I could use though :)