Fuel Pump Spacer

boxboy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After tracking down a new spacer and gaskets I have determined that the reason I am having such trouble getting this to seal is that the castings on the pump itself are dog eared in. So it is tight against the block where the bolts are, but not touching in the middle. So I have begun to file. I don't want to try to reverse bend them and risk breaking them off all together. So I have started removing material from the "ears" and trying to flatten out the piece that way. I hope it works. If not, I will be looking into an electric pump, or a new mechanical won if I can find it. More$$. Just what I need. :(

10 ft. lbs is good to know. But with my engine in I can't get a torque wrench in there. I am using and end wrench. I am guessing just snug without cranking it down any will be sufficient.

Just for reference if anyone else is looking and wondering, the L16 spacer works. It isn't an exact original fit, but it should do the trick. I got it from NAPA and it is Felco. $5 with the gaskets included.

Beck Arnely (J series)

039-2002 Fuel Pump Spacer 1 needed (two hole)

039-2008 Fuel Pump Gasket 2 needed (two hole)

Beck Arnely (L series)

039-2001 Fuel Pump Spacer 1 needed (three hole)

Definitely not interchangeable.

Woops. You are right Keith. The one I have is from an a series I believe. Napa said the Felpro part was good up to 91 in some vehicles, although I have no idea what would have used a mechanical pump that late. Anyway, I believe mine fit the B210 and several other applications as well as the 720 pickup to 1983 or so. Sorry for the confusion.