Datsun 510 rebuild

Hez

ok well i got this for 400$ the guy i had bought it from was going to work on it but he left it sitting. what a stroke of luck! he haddnt done anything to it and well it wasnt from new mexico orignally so its got all kinds of rust damage.... adnd we got the engine to start it runs fine we changed the oil and the all that we a new fuel pump cleaned the tank ive striped the seats so they would stay good and new. ok so i dont know how to post pics but i have an album of what ive been doing so far on my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=62441&id=100000106045582&l=a7dbb1deff there it is i need to get a new headlight. some insginias, new dash new mirriors new tires and all that and an exhaust so tell me wat ya think we just did the clutch also

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcom to Ratsun,,,and just the other day I was thinkin I would have to move to the pacific NW to find people that are into Dattos. Slowly but surely Burque will take over (ha ha yea right, wait that only makes 2 of us. If you need any help with it, let me know...aint that good at this stuff but I'm learnin :cool:

I love this beater

Sand and block off with tape and spray can the rust areas. The sparay can paint will blend in over time. Leave it the same color!!!!!!! just paint the rust spots

Like the car.

pressure wash motor get soem NGK NE 64 plug wires and maybe a electronic ignition.

This car is a good car take care of it. It will last for years.

read Olddatsuns. com the tech section.

If door sages get new hinges bushings. Its all there to fix!!!!!!!!

get a battery hold doown too. NOT a Bungy cord!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!!

slam it with some ROTA RBs 4drs rocks

thanks pete for posting those pics the first one was from the guy i bought it from and so far ive changed alot of it... i still gotta get a new ignation because some dumb ass broke it so no originally key start car just added a tachometer got the transmission back in gotta wait till tuesday for the new fuel pump basically thats wats keeping this car from running... and well lights and all that fun stuff... im gonna get sheet metal and weld it in the rust spots on the car and i am gonna keep it original paint just looks right on it... and well im going to have some coustem seat covers made to go with the red and black look that the car already has. and well yea im not good at car stuff either but i have a mechnaically enhanced friend to help me with all that funny stuff... but yea its getting there almost ready to go on and for a first drive and well heres the basically the next stuff that i have to do is update the supspension and the brakes and well ill soon have the vehicle in running form! :D and then well during when im not working and i get outta school ill be doing body work... oh fun my friend tells me but its gonna be an awesome little car that i will never sale.

does it turn over or nothing?

are you gettin fuel to the carb? / Is the fuel pump mechanical like original or electric?

are you gettin spark at the plugs?

The more symptoms you can throw out there, the better to narrow down the issue. I would check the above items first....but I am just guessing :(

Good luck, let us know what you find