13b turbo..or sr20..or rb25 for my 1969 510.

ny510

Ok......y'all probably heard this before.....but got a 510...and need to know in which engine...I should consider..straight..up....rotary..or sr20..or rb25....like installation,..and durability.....cousins from puerto rico works on rotaries...porting etc.....but I neva had a 510....so got one with a 6 point cage set up...ready.......and also..front clips....or jus engine and tranny......??????....thanx.....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First lets see some oics... Second you should be completely different if you can. I would say be one off and put a V8 in it. If you has the money for a bad ass rotary or a rb im pretty sure you can buy the V8.

Oooooooorrrrrrrrrr you can find a Honda S2000, rip motor and trans, and turbo the shit out of it. Then put box flairs and it woul be wicked cool

But hey thats just my 0.02.

:lol: wait....:o, no it's :lol: :lol:

First choice would be the stock motor, lots of fun with them. Second would be an SR20. This would be the first best chance of getting completed.

You have lots of money, place to work on this for a few months, welding/fabricating equipment, tools, done this before? If not the chances of finishing this goes way way down.

I think if your serious and you have a lot of money then you should do a rb. It requires a lot of cutting and I think they are pretty spendy swaps but tons of power and they just look cool. Rotaries seem like more trouble then they are worth. A chevy v6 would be cool, if you search the web youll find a 510 with a twin turbo v6 and that things sick.NO FLARES and turboing a f20c seems kinda goofy, what makes them cool is that they have 250 hp NA. If you were gonna turbo one youd be better off building up a sr. Just my opinions no offense to Socalkidz.

Just my opinions no offense to Socalkidz.

None taken.

Just if you have money why not do something different? It makes things way more fun.

I heard rumors about an rb going bad after you pull them.. correct me if im wrong.

Just l20b turbo fully built you will has fun

Yoyoyo....thanx...for the. headz... up....on...all the advice........got a dude that's sick with swaps.....in p.a....and ....got some...doe...to put in......but wana kno..wit power and mileage, which way I should go been looking at some silvia clips....could use the front suspension...but a v8...too heavy....luv the 350....chevys...good idea.....but gona keep in foreignfor now...lol..

Well then go somthing lighter. Guy around the corner is building a 600hp S2000 motor for his Datto. Its so sweet.

So if you want good power and mileage go SR of KA.

SR for power and KA for mileage

Not true . Last year me and phil drove our dimes to golden gardens and his single cam ka got about 30 miles to the gallon just like my sr

Thanx....socal.......and the rest who gave their input.....got a ka for free with the trans.....but didn't wana go there wit that......so gona check so sr clips....do the front end go wit the 510?.??????

I have a KA24DE with cams and my cousin has an SR. On our run to Santa Cruz I averaged almost 35mpg and the SR averaged almost 34.

On our way to Thunderhill we averaged 30+mpg. We filled our tanks before we got on the track. After 4 sessions (we normally don't do the 5th session) of 20min each I was down to a little over half a tank. He had a little bit more than I did. Although, I push my car a lot harder on the track than he does.

Well then go somthing lighter. Guy around the corner is building a 600hp S2000 motor for his Datto. Its so sweet.

So if you want good power and mileage go SR of KA.

SR for power and KA for mileage

A fully built Ka motor has more power potential than the sr. But as a stock motor install the at is lighter and faster, once the Ka is fully built for speed and racing it is a monster of a engine

i personally would like to see a clean rb20det swap... 13b's are gross in my opinion and i've owned 2 fc's and an fd... rb25 is too long and will take alot of fab work... i feel sr's are played out but still super nice i had an rb in the sileighty and i would choose that over an sr or ka any day nothin like race bred motors