NEED DATSUN 620 RADIATOR

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Called vato zone and say 1975 620. And modify your rad support so it fits...

You have the smaller rad. Autozone don't carry the older smaller model. Modifying the support is rather minimal for the bigger rad. Your old fan shrow wont work.

• 1 year later...

i want an aftermarket aluminum rad but like yall said, theyre all made in china.

so i was excited to see that koyo makes a rad for the 510, and after researching learned that they arent the same.

im just gonna end up fitting a quality japanese or american rad from a different vehicle into mine. i know about vws, scirrocoa (sp?) and a few others but ima tey something different. ill let yall know how it goes

Ive seen Civic radiators used in many different applications. I use it as a basic DIY universale radiator. You can get a Civic half radiator in a 3in core for fairly cheap. I ran one in my last Evo pushing 450+ hp with no overheating. Only issue is hoses... I ran Russell ProClassic line so it wasnt an issues, but that was a high dollar option that most dont want to do.

Ive seen Civic radiators used in many different applications. I use it as a basic DIY universale radiator. You can get a Civic half radiator in a 3in core for fairly cheap. I ran one in my last Evo pushing 450+ hp with no overheating. Only issue is hoses... I ran Russell ProClassic line so it wasnt an issues, but that was a high dollar option that most dont want to do.

duuuuude, thanks for the heads up on the russell proclassic lines, now i can get pretty much any rad i want no matter where the inlets/outlets are

and not have the hoses be an issue.

duuuuude, thanks for the heads up on the russell proclassic lines, now i can get pretty much any rad i want no matter where the inlets/outlets are

and not have the hoses be an issue.

No problem. Like I said, its a bit of an expensive route, but it gives you way more options for radiator mounting. You can pick up a quality 2in Civic half radiator that out performs most 3in cores. Ive had one in every DSM (read: all 7) and they have been fantastic. Heres a decent-ish picture of it installed in the Evo. You can make out the black ProClassic:

stm_ricer_2011_9.jpg

Note: The biggest reason I liked the half radiator is because it minimizes the amount of heat soak from the exhaust manifold since it was front facing... though thats not really an issue with any of the Datsun engines.

yeah the hose isnt that expensive for a few feet of it but the connections sure are. i noticed that the largest id they have is -16 an (kimda small) what size did you use? and what commections

and golseth im semi sorry to hi jack your thread but i feel like the info is beneficial as well as its bumping your thread

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.