720 blocks and drop. bouncy af.

mikec

so i've been running about a 2.5" t-bar drop on the front for over a year, and i finally got around to getting some blocks to get rid of the rake.

got some generic pep-boys 2" blocks and installed them, the look is about right.

HOWEVER, i'm on stock-ish shocks and when hitting a dip on the freeway i was launched the fack out of my seat. i'm bouncing like a mofo. are there any cheap-ish options for shocks for this truck that can handle being lower?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toxic Drop Shocks. Last time i saw anything about the they were $45. Buddy was running them on his taco. IMO they are the best shock. They are not expinseve like a King Shock nor cheap like a Pep Boy Shock.

Plus with tortions lowered you might be on the bump stops which = no travel only rubber stops.

If you are on the stops then your tire becomes the suspension. Try running the lowest allowable amount of air pressure in them acording to the info on the side wall. You can cut some of the ruber bump off but this defeats the purpose of them.

I removed the bump stops in my 720 and lowered it as low as it would go, was about 1/2" from hitting the TC rods. I don't suggest doing that. It handled great, but bumps, pot holes etc was hard on it. Always smacked the tc rods, not something you want to fail when driving.

You can cut the bump stops in small amounts till its just right, be sure they do their job before TC rods get hit.

HOWEVER, i'm on stock-ish shocks and when hitting a dip on the freeway i was launched the fack out of my seat. i'm bouncing like a mofo. are there any cheap-ish options for shocks for this truck that can handle being lower?

Probably bottomed out on the bump stops. The suspension and shock stops here at this point. As the weight continues to press down the tire compresses like a spring and will rebound just like one. No shock is going to fix this.

The front end doesn't have a lot of compression to begin with. The Datsun trucks run the shortest (pretty much) shock available, bottoming out is easy to do when lowered.

I removed my bumpstops...plan to raise the front shock towers soon.