Time to geek it up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver was my last too. Damn that was awhile go. Tried some emulators. I also used to have a big card collection. Probably worth about $600-700 in its prime. Gave it away to some kid that I thought was funny.

Like I said, never played any other card game than the one I do. It's about that little kid with the golden puzzle, and the crazy hair...I'd hate to know how much money was put into my collection...but I could easily say market value of everything I own is upwards a few grand. I used to get offered anywhere from 800-1200 for just one of my decks. That's 40+15 cards. Whoa!

Well, if any of you guys hop on the BLACK/WHITE world, let me know.

I want to get it.. I bet no one knows what we are talking about but Bonvo...

has to catch dem aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall lol i want it really badly i just recently got a ds but no cash for games ive been playing blue rescue team though and for the gameboy ive been playing ruby

Like I said, never played any other card game than the one I do. It's about that little kid with the golden puzzle, and the crazy hair...I'd hate to know how much money was put into my collection...but I could easily say market value of everything I own is upwards a few grand. I used to get offered anywhere from 800-1200 for just one of my decks. That's 40+15 cards. Whoa!

Well, if any of you guys hop on the BLACK/WHITE world, let me know.

another yugioh player!!!! what kind of deck do you run

edit i know im a nerd so shoot me im also into anime (huge gundam fan)

I'm doing the end-game stuff in White right now. Filling up the pokedex is gonna be a bitch.

I just beat N and the Sage also. What I've found is every trainer from her til the end is Level 60, or higher.

My team was nowhere ready for the Final Four. Lv. 57 Victini, Lv. 58 Dewott, Lv. 50 Zekrom, and 3 Lv. 25 Bouldare.

Skin of my teeth.

Do you have the Event Celebi? Or the shiny dogs?

PM me your Pal Pad number.

another yugioh player!!!! what kind of deck do you run

edit i know im a nerd so shoot me im also into anime (huge gundam fan)

NOTICE: This reply will probably only make sense to Bonvo. We may be geeks...but we can admit it. :fu:

Hell yeah. My favorite. I've been out of the game for so looong.

When I was playing, the Meta was based towards the Neo-Bug/Demise set-up. I was actually running a Dark Necrofear/Demise deck at the time. Took 1st at my regional with that. Shocked everybody. I got laughed at by my 1st opponent, and 2 judges. Then I pulled the Demise-then pulled out 2 Necrofears right after. OTK, both matches. Done!

My favorite styles/decks are obviously Dark Necrofear/fiend/shield and sword combo. Magnets. Deck devastation/burn. Beat Down. Warrior control. I've played/built so many decks. And have played almost every style that was available while I was still in it. When everything switched from Upper Deck to Konami, I lost 80 percent of my support. Konami wanted everyone to start on the ground floor-even those of us that built up the American meta. So with no free sets anymore...

I used to teach the game when it first came out. Working for Upper Deck. I had one kid come to my clinic. Our shop was in Denver. Had a 100 card deck, never played before. I slimmed his deck down. Taught him how to play. Anyways...3 days later was our store's tournament. His grandfather came up to me and asked me to help. Grandpa said sonny wanted to play, and asked if he had a chance. I was honest, and said he should probably go hide. Grandpa asked as to what it was gonna take today to allow him to win. I kinda laughed. Grandpa said he'll buy any cards he needed to to give his granson half a chance. I was actually thinking of a deck for myself...and figured what a better way to test the deck then let some noob play it. Exodia/Card of Safe Return(3)/Spear Creatin(3). Fuck me if that kid didn't make it to the last round with the deck I thought of. There were some crazy combo's in it. No tricks...just flow. Synergy. He made 1 mistake in his 3rd round of the final match...and as a judge, I couldn't say shit. But if he would've asked for a ruling-the win would've been his. Kid was just visiting his Grandparents for Spring break when that happened. About 2 months later, I went on vacation to Colorado Springs, CO. I knew all the game shops in town, and decided to go play in a tournament while I was there. Never getting to compete, I was stoked. This was right when Dark Necrofear/Dark Ruler Ha Des came out. Damn. I walked in. BS'd with the shop owner. Played a few kids to warm-up with my regular beat down deck. Through 6 rounds, I didn't pay attention to anything. Just playing. Won every match so far...final round. Who sits across from, but the store champion. Sure as shit-it's him. He has been running the same exact Exodia deck that I had built him...and he owned that son-a-bitch. We sat down to play. He had 3 of 5 pieces on the draw. 3 turns in, he drew all 5. Side decked my Jinzo for the next match...stopped all the trap trickery...and just laid the smack down the last 2 matches. Tricky little bastard!

NOTICE: This reply will probably only make sense to Bonvo. We may be geeks...but we can admit it. :fu:

Hell yeah. My favorite. I've been out of the game for so looong.

When I was playing, the Meta was based towards the Neo-Bug/Demise set-up. I was actually running a Dark Necrofear/Demise deck at the time. Took 1st at my regional with that. Shocked everybody. I got laughed at by my 1st opponent, and 2 judges. Then I pulled the Demise-then pulled out 2 Necrofears right after. OTK, both matches. Done!

My favorite styles/decks are obviously Dark Necrofear/fiend/shield and sword combo. Magnets. Deck devastation/burn. Beat Down. Warrior control. I've played/built so many decks. And have played almost every style that was available while I was still in it. When everything switched from Upper Deck to Konami, I lost 80 percent of my support. Konami wanted everyone to start on the ground floor-even those of us that built up the American meta. So with no free sets anymore...

I used to teach the game when it first came out. Working for Upper Deck. I had one kid come to my clinic. Our shop was in Denver. Had a 100 card deck, never played before. I slimmed his deck down. Taught him how to play. Anyways...3 days later was our store's tournament. His grandfather came up to me and asked me to help. Grandpa said sonny wanted to play, and asked if he had a chance. I was honest, and said he should probably go hide. Grandpa asked as to what it was gonna take today to allow him to win. I kinda laughed. Grandpa said he'll buy any cards he needed to to give his granson half a chance. I was actually thinking of a deck for myself...and figured what a better way to test the deck then let some noob play it. Exodia/Card of Safe Return(3)/Spear Creatin(3). Fuck me if that kid didn't make it to the last round with the deck I thought of. There were some crazy combo's in it. No tricks...just flow. Synergy. He made 1 mistake in his 3rd round of the final match...and as a judge, I couldn't say shit. But if he would've asked for a ruling-the win would've been his. Kid was just visiting his Grandparents for Spring break when that happened. About 2 months later, I went on vacation to Colorado Springs, CO. I knew all the game shops in town, and decided to go play in a tournament while I was there. Never getting to compete, I was stoked. This was right when Dark Necrofear/Dark Ruler Ha Des came out. Damn. I walked in. BS'd with the shop owner. Played a few kids to warm-up with my regular beat down deck. Through 6 rounds, I didn't pay attention to anything. Just playing. Won every match so far...final round. Who sits across from, but the store champion. Sure as shit-it's him. He has been running the same exact Exodia deck that I had built him...and he owned that son-a-bitch. We sat down to play. He had 3 of 5 pieces on the draw. 3 turns in, he drew all 5. Side decked my Jinzo for the next match...stopped all the trap trickery...and just laid the smack down the last 2 matches. Tricky little bastard!

very nice man i have had a good amount of wins myself my first deck is a dragon type my second is a mage/warrior and my third is a crystal beast deck i dont really play anymore due to the fact there making all the cards that took people like us forever to find commons in starter decks cards suck as mirror force and such but i still enjoy a good duel now and then

my collection

DSCN0487.jpg

the binder is rare cards up untill the piece of paper after that my dbz and pokemon collection the black case is my initial d deck

my favorite card

DSCN0488.jpg

I just beat N and the Sage also. What I've found is every trainer from her til the end is Level 60, or higher.

My team was nowhere ready for the Final Four. Lv. 57 Victini, Lv. 58 Dewott, Lv. 50 Zekrom, and 3 Lv. 25 Bouldare.

Skin of my teeth.

Do you have the Event Celebi? Or the shiny dogs?

PM me your Pal Pad number.

PM sent. Your team was a little better off than me, I'll look it up later, but most of my team was in the upper 40's. Lots of potions/full restores and quite a bit of luck involved.

As for the special characters, I kept seeing the posters and shit at gamestop but never had my DS on me and never made a trip just for them. Hopefully they get a second go around.

love pokemon.... new pokemon is gay, all of the new ones are so girly..... like the original!! :angry: .... can you get any of the original's on new pokemon? i want to fawck shiz up with pikachu, venussaur, and mew :)

I was thinking, when I started White, that 90% of the new pokemon are strikingly similar to the 1st generations. At about the 65% mark, you obtain the National Pokedex...at that point some of the 493 previous pokemon start showing up. Not all. But now you can start importing your old ones in. You need 2 DS's though. And it's not just a quick click. you gotta put in work.

As far as the old school...I've already mentioned how much I miss Gengar. Ivysaur is missed. Venussaur is just too slow for my likings. In SoulSilver...I had a Pickachu using Surf and Thunder. Now that I'm able to bring in the old ones, the game just got better. But as far as generations go, Soul Silver/Heart Gold best to represent.

The boss that you're chasing turns into a big crybaby at the end of the story though. Kinda funny how emo he goes, real quick.

very nice man i have had a good amount of wins myself my first deck is a dragon type my second is a mage/warrior and my third is a crystal beast deck i dont really play anymore due to the fact there making all the cards that took people like us forever to find commons in starter decks cards suck as mirror force and such but i still enjoy a good duel now and then

my collection

DSCN0487.jpg

the binder is rare cards up untill the piece of paper after that my dbz and pokemon collection the black case is my initial d deck

my favorite card

DSCN0488.jpg

I have 15 of so of those big plastic cases. Min. 3 sets of each up through the first 8-9 sets. Stopped playing for 4-5 sets. Played for 3 sets. Than haven't played for the last 3 years. I miss it. It's fun, if you can win...but when you and I were playing, it took money to get those cards. I put in a shit load of my time. But the kids around me had rich parents. I was on the edge of this nation's richest county. Made me sick...Then the older guys that played this struggled to play. Ya know. Having rent. Car. Responsibilities. It's cheap to be competitive in Magic. Or DBZ. Or most of the other games. Yeah, back in it's infancy, it struggled from the tyte-factor tax. But those common Mirror Forces, and others, keep new customer's coming into play.

I see your common polymerzations. I know. I feel ya. I could personally never do it. Proxy deck-maybe. But if were dueling, bring your shades. :P

PM sent. Your team was a little better off than me, I'll look it up later, but most of my team was in the upper 40's. Lots of potions/full restores and quite a bit of luck involved.

As for the special characters, I kept seeing the posters and shit at gamestop but never had my DS on me and never made a trip just for them. Hopefully they get a second go around.

Me too. I had my DS in the car, waiting for the release. I was gonna get Celebi at the same time. I went in the day after release. Got my game. Celebi event ended the day of...fuck. I think you can use a different Celebi. But we're screwed about the dogs.

meh, all the starters in this generation suck balls. the only good things to come out of this are the bug/electric spider, and dugtrio getting claw honing, a +2 attack move that takes him from useless, to a ridicolously powerfull sweeper(he can do up to a +6 STAB'ed earthquake and stone edge with the right strategizing)

EDIT: the Bug/electric spider is Garvantula

meh, all the starters in this generation suck balls. the only good things to come out of this are the bug/electric spider, and dugtrio getting claw honing, a +2 attack move that takes him from useless, to a ridicolously powerfull sweeper(he can do up to a +6 STAB'ed earthquake and stone edge with the right strategizing)

Wow. You just took the geek-speek to a whole 'nother level.

I thought I was bad. But the was pretty intense.

Bonvo-we can sleep easier tonight. We got shown up.

MetalGear-I really hope you didn't join just to talk Pocket Monsters. Really.

Look What I Just Got In The Mail :cool:

198283_184653028244521_100000994755274_427030_6779845_n.jpg

DOO WAANT!!! That was my starter. I'd hang that from my bumper. Him and Domo can have battles at every red light around here. If my Datto can't beat the Civic...at least I'll win the bumper battle... :P

no sir, just so happens i stumbled on this thread

Well-considering over 50% of your posts are in this thread...and you've given no introduction...nor have you posted any pics of this 1200 you've got...I'd say I have to disagree. :fu: