Mini Tubing a 4 Door or Not?? ??????

72nismo

Ok here's my question ????

I was wondering if its possible or if anyone has done this already..

I have a Datsun 510 4 Door with 17" Wheels. I am waiting for my new coilovers to come in but in the mean time I was wondering if theres anything you can do to the rear to be able to drop the car super low without rubbing??

I know it can be done on a 32 door but more difficult on 4 doors.

Let me know. If anyone has pics of what they have done shoot them at me.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tubbing a 4 door is going to be tough, because of how the wheelwell is fart of the back door jamb. Guys do it on the box flared cars all the time, and every once in a while on the 2 doors. There was the one guy on here that was doing it on his 4 door, but it entailed a crap-ton of work due to the door jambs. Not only did he redo the door jamb, but actually redid the arched section of the door itself. Just find yourself some different wheels, because it's not going to be worth the effort to do it right.

Tubbing a 4 door is going to be tough, because of how the wheelwell is fart of the back door jamb. Guys do it on the box flared cars all the time, and every once in a while on the 2 doors. There was the one guy on here that was doing it on his 4 door, but it entailed a crap-ton of work due to the door jambs. Not only did he redo the door jamb, but actually redid the arched section of the door itself. Just find yourself some different wheels, because it's not going to be worth the effort to do it right.

:lol: :lol:

Look at my Snowballs chance buildthread. I sorta tub a 4 dr

I saw your build thread. Great Job!!

But I was thinking of less extreme set up.

There's a lip under the rear fender were I notice the wheel rubs and if I bang it in I see how the paint is going to be affected.. Maybe not going to be able to make it clear for now.I love my wheels and don't want to change them.

Might just sell my body and get me a 2 Door. Will see...

This how car car was sitting before I took it all apart..

IMG_1405-1.jpg