WTB Dog Leg 5 Speed

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one in Grays harbor Washington. Price is right and I'll drive the whole car down too! L20b and new clutch slave. Maybe we could work something out? Would like the springs and rear diff to have spares to cut/weld but rest of car is yours make an offer

1978 hl510 hatch should be a strait drop in. what kinda price would you be thinking? maybe someone else would know but as far as i can remembe rit should be the right length. if not i am willing to sell the driveline and l20b as well if you want

Edited by RAlly_DatoB210

Won't fit without lengthening the drive shaft, modifying the tranny mount and moving the hole for the shifter. Why would you want that??

Why not get the stronger much more common FS5W71B from a '77-'83 280z/zx or a '77-'79 620 truck or an '80-'84 Maxima. Oh yeah the '80 720 came with an FS5W71B option. The FS5W71B fits perfectly without any mods.

Well from what i understand there is two different dog legs one short and one longer, from what i understand the longer one is the same length as the 5 speed i have now so it should fit in just fine. This is all working strictly on theory and im still a newb to datsuns.

Thanks

The long is very rare to find, in fact it doesn't come here on any Nissan production vehicle. Probably comes attached to JDM import motors back in the '80. I ask again, why would you put a weaker 5 speed in when you have a stronger much more common one in there now?

Mostly because the one in it is on it's way out... And I like having things that other people don't have. How many dog legs have you seen in a 720? Case and point... I'm not too worried about it's strength it's just a pavement pounder and it's just got an L20 it's not like it's a power house.

Yeah, everybody will be crawling under your truck to point 'n' gawk....

WOW! He's got a dogleg! WOW! ...in a 720! WOW! That's freakin' kewl! WOW! <_<

Seriously, fix the existing trans (which is probably a 71B, right, Mike?)....no modifications required, and pavement pound away.

The dogleg transmission is a car transmission, I suppose that it will work for a while pushing that much weight, but in the end at the very least 5th gear is going to start howling. After I went threw my third one, I gave up on them, they cost to much to replace every year and a half. wayno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.