8.8 Quake Hits Japan and triggers 20' Tsunami

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard em say that the big ships didn't really get affected, just mostly the cars floating around, i saw the airport was f'd pretty good too.

Ive never seen so many people reading 1 thread at the same time before...

Hope hawaii doesn't get nailed by this too

The quake struck about 250 miles (400km) from Tokyo at a depth of 20 miles

Isn't that a crazy amount of engery? They said it would take about 10 hours to get from there to here on the west coast. Thats a f' ton of energy to move a wave from the top of the water, to the bottom, for 10 hours.

Channel 8 estimate something like 7:45 am in seaside. I highly doubt oregon is comparable because of the difference in elevation. Say a 20' tsunami, it reaches miles in the east but not even half a mile in the majority of oregon. But the ocean is difficult to estimate. Thats what channel 8 said tho

Channel 8 estimate something like 7:45 am in seaside. I highly doubt oregon is comparable because of the difference in elevation. Say a 20' tsunami, it reaches miles in the east but not even half a mile in the majority of oregon. But the ocean is difficult to estimate. Thats what channel 8 said tho

yeah, not the Chile earthquake, but one before that we had a warning issued, alarms went off, nothing came of it. cant remember what it was...

Some guy from seaside on kgw said alarms are going off.

That must have been the sound of him smoking some pole, cuz i dont hear it and i live IN town.

And i think it would go off later, its not supposed to be here for some number of hours