Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i was so excited i forgot to take a pick of the bay lol. i had them wrap the whole down pipe and i am going to have to figure out something to do with my plastic reservoir for the brake master cylinder cuz they are within 1/4 in one spot... im a plumber and when we solder next to flammable materials we sometimes use a special blanket thats so heat resistant you can put a penny under it and put the flame of map gas that gets 1100 degrees on it and after a couple minuts of this you can pull the cloth off the penny and its still cool to the touch. or i could move the reservoir away from the exhaust.. idk something to think about 

I havent run an internally wastegated turbo in a long time, but maybe you could call STM (where I got the photo www.stmdsm.com) and ask what they have available. They do a lot of Mitsu stuff a lot of people still run the Mitsu turbos internally gated. 

I'm considering the wilwood box as well. Heard a lot of good things and it looks so much cleaner. I saw an install where they mounted the reservoirs in the engine bay, but on the flat area up to the right of the windshield wiper motor. Looked very nice.

I already removed my wiper motor.  I am going to mount it inside the 510 and reverse some of the linkage.