L-Series Magnetic Oil Drain Plug?

Gensaiken

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find one for an L-Series oil pan? I looked around online for one that would match and didn't find any results. All I found were replacement plugs. I figured that some one would make them for a 240z or 510.

I believe the size was M16.4 - 1.33

Any information would be appreciated. :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an old computer hard drive and take it apart. There two thin magnets in there kind of kidney shaped. Once loose they will snap together and are impossible to pull apart. You have to slide sideways and pry them apart. DO NOT GET YOUR FINGER BETWEEN THEM!!! They will severely pinch it. Just cut a piece from one and let it attach to the drain plug.

wonder if Kragen or o'reilly's may sell them as i may have saw some but not sure about threading but another option since the pan is steel grab a plug from a car like a honda for example and maybe well a bung threaded for the new plug over the hole of the stock drain hole. I know many people make magnetic plugs for hondas

Yes the bolt is simply fine thread and the same as many other datsuns and nissan. For example, A-series uses same plug as L-series.

* 11128-69200 PLUG DRAIN

Thread Size: M16.4 x1.33

Under-Head Length: 12.00mm

Head Size: 21mm

Head Style: Flanged Hex

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find one for an L-Series oil pan? I looked around online for one that would match and didn't find any results. All I found were replacement plugs. I figured that some one would make them for a 240z or 510.

I believe the size was M16.4 - 1.33

Any information would be appreciated. :D

I know you can find 16.4-1.33 here:

http://goldplug.com/...Plugs/AP16.html

They have lots of sizes and these things are CRAZY strong!!