how to unload a dead L20B

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I see plenty of other L's getting junked in the JY or rotting in rigs covered in algae and blackberry bushes, almost reclaimed by the earth and few people say anything about that. Who gives a shit if one more crappy motor gets tossed out. Not to put anyone on the spot, but wasn't Icehouse digging holes and burying these damn things a while back just to get rid of all of em? Nobody shed any crocodile tears then :rolleyes: boo hoo

chopper.jpg

• Like 1

look. the motor was junk. the only reason it was dispatched the way it was. nothing external broke and it landed in a pile of sand. if anyone needs any parts off it let me know. i'll gladly pull them off and ship them... (nominal fee applies of course)

• Like 1

y'all are anthropomorphizing a hunk of metal.

if it were an animal, yeah I'd be pissed, but its a freaking piece of metal.

It's his, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

Don't turn this into a moral debate.

btw its still usable. build a furnace, melt it down and cast something interesting.

And for y'all who want an L20b, i have one in my back yard, come pick it up.

Guest DatsuNoob

I only cringe when someone hacks up a perfectly good car to get rid of it before offering anything up to the community. There's plenty more useable stuff there than some shit L motor getting kicked by the Geico caveman.

• Like 1

look. the motor was junk. the only reason it was dispatched the way it was. nothing external broke and it landed in a pile of sand. if anyone needs any parts off it let me know. i'll gladly pull them off and ship them... (nominal fee applies of course)

Were just giving you a hard time :P ,,, It's just a case of "One mans trash is another man's treasure" ,,,

We have all done this one form or another ,,, big or small ,,,, ;) ,,,

Guest DatsuNoob

Were just giving you a hard time :P ,,, It's just a case of "One mans trash is another man's treasure" ,,,

..true, in fact its so easy... even a caveman could do it :lol:

• Like 1

Not to put anyone on the spot, but wasn't Icehouse digging holes and burying these damn things a while back just to get rid of all of em? Nobody shed any crocodile tears then :rolleyes: boo hoo

That's why I named Jeff the L motor anti Christ.

Some grow an attachment to their engines/cars, a bond for years of faithful reliable service. Sounds silly, I know, but when we get rid of them it's usually with a bit more respect. I would rather that a Datsun car was left to rot than seeing one on a video smashed or shot at for entertainment. Lord knows how many hundreds of thousands of miles an L series has carried me, love that motor.

Was it a good way to get it off the tailgate? Sure. Was it funny, amusing or entertaining to watch? No not really.

true... in iraq i shot the hell out of my acer laptop with a 240 bravo, when it burned up and died....

Guest DatsuNoob

That's why I named Jeff the L motor anti Christ.

Some grow an attachment to their engines/cars, a bond for years of faithful reliable service. Sounds silly, I know, but when we get rid of them it's usually with a bit more respect. I would rather that a Datsun car was left to rot than seeing one on a video smashed or shot at for entertainment. Lord knows how many hundreds of thousands of miles an L series has carried me, love that motor.

Was it a good way to get it off the tailgate? Sure. Was it funny, amusing or entertaining to watch? No not really.

True. I know exactly what you mean with the bond between man and machine. Even when I drove my crappy corolla I was still a little sad to see it go, cause it had served me well, high miles, didnt ask much of me, and didnt hesitate to consistently get me to where i needed to be without ever having a prob. I probably wouldn't have kicked it off a bridge though.... :unsure:

Guest DatsuNoob

True. I know exactly what you mean with the bond between man and machine. Even when I drove my crappy corolla I was still a little sad to see it go, cause it had served me well, high miles, didnt ask much of me, and didnt hesitate to consistently get me to where i needed to be without ever having a prob. I probably wouldn't have kicked it off a bridge though....

fixed :D