Project "BoOst'N" Begins!! (A15 with Garrett Turbo)

Yup, finally a nice day today :D . I got my Tube Bender, Chop Saw and Angle grinder fired up.

To Do List: Make Turbo Manifold(in progress now) still measuring and drawing it out first. Buy Supply/Drain Lines, Make a hole in Oil Pan, Make a Turbo Hat for my Weber (32/36) (which I will make towards the End) I still need a Weber Adapter(anyone has one LMK!!)

Heres some pics to entertain yourselfs on :P. IMG_0065.jpg

And i was thinking off cutting up my Header So i can use the Base Plate and weld the Tubing right on that. But Im guessing that would be a bad Idea. Its hard enough to get a Header for an A-series nowadays :rolleyes:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be easy enough to take your header off, trace it on a piece of cardboard, punch out the holes, then take it in and have someone plasma/laser cut a new one. then weld onto that. hell, have them make a couple and sell em on here + ebay..

It would be easy enough to take your header off, trace it on a piece of cardboard, punch out the holes, then take it in and have someone plasma/laser cut a new one. then weld onto that. hell, have them make a couple and sell em on here + ebay..

Yeah true, actually im just gonna Cut up the Stock Exhaust Manny and Weld onto that instead. Plama Cutting over here aint cheap :angry: thats why I do everything myself, im still looking to buy a plasma cutter Hopefully by spring time When the Swap Meet comes I'll buy one.

Hey thanks for the Info, will deff check that out. Well this is what I got done Today. Cut all 4 of my runners. All identical Lenghts and Sizes the ends are cut at 45degree Angles. Heres a pic of how the Manifold will look like:

yes I know they are a bit crooked thats because of the Duct tape holding them in place, they were kinda sliding as I was taking the picture :D

turbomani.jpg

turbomani3.jpg

turbomani2.jpg

I dont know if you guys seen the Turbo Manifold that Someone created on datsun1200.com but my turbo will sit exactly the same and on the same spot as his. he has all kinds of bends on his, Thats just to time consuming for me to do :sweat:

Moar Pictures!! Enjoy :D . So tommorrow Im gonna cut up the Stock Exhaust Mani So i can use those Base Plates and weld my runners right onto them. (The duct tape really doesnt work on holding metal that good :angry: )

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

By tommorrow I will have Welded the Runners onto the Stock Mani Bases so I can mock it up onto my spare Heah("H72")

Still need to make a Flange also, so I can bolt the Turbo onto the Mani

Badass man cool.gif

I really like the fab work you do!

BTW, I have an A series header thats pretty badass that I only payed about $40 for cool.gif

$40 Nice, thats a smokin deal. yeah I paid $110 for mine and it came from Puerto Rico.

How does it run with the stock carb and header? Any noticeable difference in power?

i cant really seem to feel a big difference from stock mani to a header, but deff a big difference in sound. its deffinately a fun car as it is now. i have a weber but i dont have the adapter, to mount it on the stock intake mani. Im actually also thinking about creating a custom intake manifold. i want to put a stock 1st gen mazda rx7 4barrell carburator and see how that works out.