What fits A a14

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it will fit. Check the length and the tranny mount the 4 speed mount may not work.

I wouldn't go to the bother of swapping a motor unless I heard it running and knew it was good or an improvement over what I had in it.

I just got a 77 B210 and I lost 1st 2nd and revirse. Im having truble finding a new one or parts to fix it. So i need to know what tranys will mate to an A14? found a a15 with a five speed and need to know if it will fit or if i should just do a swap for the a15

It will fit the A14. If you can grab the whole engine and tranny that makes life easy. Depending on the type of 5 speed you might need a different clutch plate (63 series use a different spline pattern) than the one currently on your A14. You might also want to grab the metal spacer plate (if it has one) that sits between the engine and trans.

It should bolt straight in. You have a 63 series and the one you're probably looking at is a 60. Note that 60-series gearboxes may be available for other engine types, so make sure you get one to match the A-series engine.

63 on top, 60 on bottom.

13615.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

I just got a 77 B210 and I lost 1st 2nd and revirse. Im having truble finding a new one or parts to fix it. So i need to know what tranys will mate to an A14? found a a15 with a five speed and need to know if it will fit or if i should just do a swap for the a15

what kind of rearend does the b210 come with it looks like a ford 9inch

It should bolt straight in. You have a 63 series and the one you're probably looking at is a 60. Note that 60-series gearboxes may be available for other engine types, so make sure you get one to match the A-series engine.

63 on top, 60 on bottom.

13615.jpg

on the 60 is the slave clylinder in the same spot????

• 2 weeks later...