Gettin' High(er)

Rob W.

I know most people are trying to get lower trucks here but I live in the middle of nowhere (or at least the edge of nowhere) and I want to keep the clearance or add just a bit. I don't know if anyone has any info on this but i was wondering, what's the tallest tire and rim height you can fit on a stock 620? I would still like to be able to drive on rough roads without rubbing any tires and I need the steering to stay the same too. I would like to keep everything stock but get a little lift with larger tires or tires and rims. I like the way a little truck looks with big tires anyway. Hopefully I haven't committed any sacrilege here by trying to get a little high(er). Thanx for any info you might be willing to share.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. I was brought up to think that a truck was used for carrying things that don't fit in your wifes trunk. I mean no disrespect there are a lot of good looking trucks that are low but I like that tough go anywhere do anything look. Oh and being able to get in my driveway with a 1/2 ton of whatever in the back is nice too. What are you running on yours is there a thread for your truck here? I'm on the look out for some cheap 15's to see if they will fit it seems like they would.

Stock height" I had 235 x 15 on the front 10.5 X 31 on the back. Probably turned the torsion bars up for extra clearance. Later I ran 10.5 X 31 on the front too but I put in a 4" body lift. They would rub slightly on hard turn with bump but ok otherwise. I got carried away in the end...

01070004-1.jpg

That's a bad-ass 4x4 620 Mike. There's a restored one like yours but pretty that's been for sale on cl here in Spokane the last few months. Not sure if he sold it. Wanted like 3500 for it. Nice truck, but way too much for what it was.

Well if you may have gotten carried away but it looks nice and mean to me. Thanx for the info. Just got to find the funds for the bigger wheels...

Is the truck pretty stable up that high or have you had on 2 wheels a few times??

Yeah, I have seen a lot of lowered Datsun's and mine is lowered only 2 inches, but i like the stock height look better. Also down here where i live the roads are a mess so i need to make it higher.

!C!VlSBQ!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!jgEzsBc4OpkBNCjqjLD1!~~_3.JPG

I think that's exactly what I'm going to do just got to find the wheels... Someday soon I hope while the old lady is still willing to let me spend money. My B-day is on Wednesday maybe see if we can end up at a junkyard for some reason then and then who knows... rolleyes.gif

Keep us posted on what your doing. I'm still on the look out for rims and tires checked ebay but all they had were fancy sparkly ones not the look I'm after and the rims and tires would cost more than the truck.

Well if you may have gotten carried away but it looks nice and mean to me. Thanx for the info. Just got to find the funds for the bigger wheels...

Is the truck pretty stable up that high or have you had on 2 wheels a few times??

It weighs 3,400 on the scales. The springs are F-150 front and back so the only suspension is the tires. It feels very heavy and stable. Very heavy.