Alberta Datsun Meet

RadioRedline

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Datsun-People-All-Alberta-Datsun-Meet-June-4th-2011-W0QQAdIdZ263426903

CALLING ALL DATSUN PEOPLE...

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

GET YOUR CAR READY!

All Alberta Datsun meet

Saturday, June 4th.

FREE

All old school Datsuns welcome and encouraged to attend: z cars, trucks, roadsters, 510s, bluebirds, bla, bla, bla...

If you have a Datsun (or did, or will, or are just interested in Datsuns) please make this a must attend event.

Please understand this is NOT a car show, so please don't think your car is not good enough...no excuses. ;) My car has rust, a cracked dash, and torn seats and it will be there!

If your car is full of bondo, fiberglass patches and painted with a roller; bring it.

If your car is fully restored, bring it.

If your car is somewhere in between; bring it.

If your car isn't running, bring your daily driver.

Heck, if you want to throw the shell on a flatdeck and haul it; bring it!

..no excuses.

I'm open to suggestions but here is my initial idea:

Southern Alberta folks meet in Calgary and cruise up to Red Deer together. The Northern Alberta folks meet in Edmonton and cruise together to Red Deer.

Once together in Red Deer we can do the parking lot chat thing, maybe buy / sell / trade some parts, share some knowledge, and then a cruise together around central Alberta and maybe take some photos.

I realize there are folks in Lethbridge and Medicine Hat and many north of Edmonton but keep in mind that the bulk of the population lives in the Edmonton - Calgary corridor so we'd have to appeal to the majority.

I'd like to hear from you to gauge your interest before putting more work into the event so tell me if you're into this.

Once I get things more concrete I'll post more details. I created a facebook page. Search for All Alberta Datsun Meet and then join the fun.

Cheers and looking forward to meeting you all soon.

David

I realize there are folks in Lethbridge and Medicine Hat and many north of Edmonton but keep in mind that the bulk of the population lives in the Edmonton - Calgary corridor so we'd have to appeal to the majority.

I'd like to hear from you to gauge your interest before putting more work into the event so tell me if you're into this.

Once I get things more concrete I'll post more details here on Kijiji. In the mean time, to make contacting you easier, feel free to send me an email with your contact info and I'll be sure to send you the details as I plans progress.

If you are concerned about sharing your contact info, no worries, just be sure to keep checking "Datsun" here on Kijiji (be sure to select all of Alberta and not just one city) and watch for more info.

Cheers and looking forward to meeting you all soon.

David

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No face book here boys but I'm in.

Stumbled across the kijiji ad a couple weeks back and "contacted the seller".

Must be somebody that's on here.....dunno.

It's still up in the air if mine will be driven or trailered but I'll be there,flat black c/w the garage door logo.

Radio, looking for to meeting not only you but Cahoon520 as well.

If any one's going and needs parts pm me and I'll bring what I've got available.

Ragg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are 51 people confirmed but I can't guarantee how many of those are going to actually driving Datsuns. My edumacated guess is about 20-25 Datsuns...maybe 30?