Do eet or not?

Soul Glow or no Glow?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. should i paint my undercarriage with highway line paint

• yes
    • no
    • if yes white
    • or orange

So i'm at the point where i'll be painting the underside of my Snowballs Chance 510... and i've got 2 cans of line marking reflective paint , the stuff they paint road lines with.It's stupidly durable stuff. Should i add some glow to my car? orange or white?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I wouldnt either. Prob best suited for its intended surface of asphalt, but it sounds like you're gonna do it anyway, so why ask :lol: How much do you love your car is what you have to ask here. I imagine a couple pints of POR chassis black would be a great start, and wouldnt break the bank. Might only end up doing it once going that route. The reflective paint may only get the full effect if it were exposed to light, who knows for sure though. Fun little factoid though. Did you know in the movie Repo Man, no special effects were used to make the Chevy Malibu glow while parked at the repossession lot. Instead, the car was completely coated with 3M reflective paint, at an approximate price of $600 per bucket. If you've ever seen the movie, it glows like a son of a bitch.

It's the good stuff in the 5 gallon can... Not the spray bomb shit. I just want to use it to coat my under coating on the bottom of the floorpan. I use it on my parking lots and roads... Lasts for years

Word...I thought you were going rattle can on me! I had an ex-employee paint his car with an oil-based white, using an airless sprayer. No prep work at all. It was on par with Earl Scheib jobs of the eighties. :D

I think you should paint it handicap blue! And throw a handi-man stencil under that shit... That way if you ever roll it, people will know....

I was totally hoping for the Repo Man effect!People don't seem to be getting this... 1. I'm only doing the undercarriage front edge of floor pan to the wheel well 2. i've already coated the bottom with etching primer, a thick coat of Zero Rust(same type product as POR 15) AND spray on rubber UNDERCOATING here's the link http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27400-snowballs-chance-510-rotisserie-resto-project/page__st__20. you're right, now that i heard about the REPO MAN EFFECT, i'm going to do it..