• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought a closed chamber 219 head

<_<

I'm looking for a clean shell to transplant my KA swap into

use mine. i didnt want to rebuild the KA i have...

you cant drive it though!

I'm thinking that I'll look for a mikuni intake,

1 in SD in the FS section

get a pair of 44's and make a set of 40s out of them

:rolleyes: just get a second set

It kinda makes me sad when a old car that's running fine is hacked up and redone just for the sake of redoing. I guess it doesn't bother me so much if newer stuff goes into a car or truck that has a blown motor or something...

For me I love to drive old stuff bone stock. I like the challenge of getting them running well and appreciate that a vehicle with a carburetor might send you to the side of the road but a multi-tool will usually keep you from staying there. These old Japanese vehicles are so well done it just seems wrong to mess with them in anyway that isn't easily undone. It seems to me that someone who wants the new stuff should just buy a new car. Just my opinion. I drive an old Datsun because I wanted to drive an old Datsun I could have got a newer pick-up with more whatever for the same money didn't want it though. Old school rules!! Everything was easier back in the day right?

I think either is fine if taken care of really, though some would argue that I'm wrong either way. I like my old cars cause to me they can be just as reliable as the new fuel injected ones if you give it a little love.

I think I want to EFI'ify my roadster and 510

reason being, I am planning on driving these cars more often and it is a little harder, imo to steal something that is efi.