Craft beer people?

I'm really gonna have to make it up to the NW at some point. I love tasting new beers. Sounds like I'm just a beginner compared to you guys. It's an hour drive to the nearest craft beer store from here. I get a handful of beers a few times a year. Rest of the year its Shiner or if I'm poor, icehouse.

P.s. every time I drink a hefenweisen, my nose is stopped up the next day... just odd.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very Datsun! I am seeing if there is any interest to have a Datsun/beer meet. I am not a very big Hanger 24 fan. There stuff is kinda normal and nothing really exciting in t opinion. If you want something that BLOWES there orange wheat out of the water get Lost Coast tangerine wear. You can find that at BevMo and it's wayyy better. And you should defiantly try a sour. Jolly pumpkin has an amazing one and your always safe with a Russian River Temptation or Consicration. Drink one then report back. You may need to try a few to get past the initial shock of the sourness and you have to give it a chance. And its a beer you sip and you want to try it both cold and warm toget the full experience.

Well I'll have to try me one of them Lost Coast beers. I'm kinda new to the whole craft beer thing. I really don't like beer. IE BUD, COORS, You get my drift.

I was in Germany for two years way back in the day. 70's Drank plenty of great beer back then. Then when I came back beer just was so so.

Thanks for the tip. I don't know if beers and cars go together very well. :lol: I know how I get after a couple. Don't know if I would want to drive after that. :(

Lost coast tangerine is amazing. As is shock top. Lost coast also makes great white which is pretty tasty.

Datrod, what were you in Germany for? My dad was there for a few years in the 70s in the army.

Same as your pops.

I thoroughly enjoy a good craft brew. Some of my favorites:

Odell Levity and IPA

All Coney Island Brews

Boulevard Wheat and Amber

Any kind of Hefeweisen

New Belgium Lips of Faith Blond

All Big Sky Brewing Co. (especially Trout Slayer and Moose Drool)

Saison DuPonte

Shiner Bock, Blonde, 101, 102, Jamaican Black Lager

I could keep going...

i guess i'm spoiled my little brothers friend brews his own and i get free tastings. i've never been a big beer drinker but when he brews i'm border line alcoholic :D i will definately have to challenge him to make a good sour beer. i'm totally game to try it :)

I'm kind of the same way with my friend that brewed for that competition and won. I have split a few batches with him and we currently are waiting for our sour to ferment fully :-). We made a spur porter (I know what your thinking) but I tryed in a little wile back and it was AMAZING! the only thing that sucks about most sours is that it take a year to fully ferment so I still have another 7 months till my sour is ready to drink... I'm a plumber by trade and my friend is going to open up a brewery soon do I'm going to do the plumbing for free and in trade I get a lifetime of free beer :-)

I have a 10gal. System at home almost have all of the pieces I need to go all grain, but when I get cash I usually by datto parts.now that I moved some parts of it are here and some at my brothers.when I get some control on my garage it will be operational.hopefully beginning of summer!!

mmmm this is what does it for me, i like the barverian dunkel types for sure, never do domestics anymore, specialty beer is like traveling to me, youll never see it all.

beerv.jpg

OMG I love this beer so much.

I dabble in brewing and have the stuff to do it all. My last batch was a Deschutes Black Butte Porter clone. I think I came pretty close. The next batch is going to be an Alaskan Amber clone. I seem to spend all my spare time on the truck though... go figure.

Never had a sour beer either.

I'm kind of the same way with my friend that brewed for that competition and won. I have split a few batches with him and we currently are waiting for our sour to ferment fully :-). We made a spur porter (I know what your thinking) but I tryed in a little wile back and it was AMAZING! the only thing that sucks about most sours is that it take a year to fully ferment so I still have another 7 months till my sour is ready to drink... I'm a plumber by trade and my friend is going to open up a brewery soon do I'm going to do the plumbing for free and in trade I get a lifetime of free beer :-)

well i have given my bro and his friend the challenge and he is calculating recipes now. i've already got him brewing 10 gallons of his personal recipe for my birthday so as soon as thats bottled he's gonna try out his first sour :) SCORE!!!

well i have given my bro and his friend the challenge and he is calculating recipes now. i've already got him brewing 10 gallons of his personal recipe for my birthday so as soon as thats bottled he's gonna try out his first sour :) SCORE!!!

do you live in Highland? as in the Highland right by me in Redlands?

• 2 weeks later...

Just happened to walk past Cascade Barrel Brewing yesterday and decided I had to stop by and get a couple samples. They tap a new barrel every Tuesday at 6:00 from their collection of +600 aging barrels. I got there at 11am so didn't get a chance to experience the tapping but did try a couple sour beers for the first time.

Don't remember the actual names but had a berry double, a cherry lemon tripple, the Beck Berry, and had to have Vlad the IMP-Aler. I don't see how anyone can not love sour beers! In a hop head and these were awesome!

• 1 month later...