Wanted Minilight / Panasport 6 lug wheels

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

You, me, and everyone else with 6 lugs :lol: I've been having a hard time finding anything that doesnt look like a total truck rim (after a more sporty look that rock crawler wheels ;) ) I too would be interested in finding a set.

Saw these on craigslist for $350. Hope that helps.

3n53kd3m95O05T05X5b2he7b98fb6209e167a.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/pts/2219810569.html

Wait... These were for sale like 2 years ago and they used the same pics. I EVEN called the guy and he said the opposite. 15x7 and 14x9.... I was like WTF? Those would look weird on my truck! And I passed on them... GOOD GEAL!

This is another set...

dats620003.jpg

Yeah that guys's pretty close to me, it's the same wheels as 2 years ago I'm sure, that guy has been trying to sell them for like ever...but he still uses the same ad verbage which is quite confusing. He refers to them as bigs and littles....intersting for sure. You might be able to bargain with him since he's been advertising forever.

Once again Thanks to every body for the leads so far (Thats what makes this site the best ) but i need to have 15 all the way around to clear the front disc brake upgrade . What is it with these wheels and people mixing sizes 14 and 15 inch??I am guessing it was a 60s/70s thing? Before someone suggests it i have thought about buying both sets to get one full set of 15 inch and selling off the 14s but the west coast to east coast shipping is a Killer!!

Once again Thanks to every body for the leads so far (Thats what makes this site the best ) but i need to have 15 all the way around to clear the front disc brake upgrade . What is it with these wheels and people mixing sizes 14 and 15 inch??I am guessing it was a 60s/70s thing? Before someone suggests it i have thought about buying both sets to get one full set of 15 inch and selling off the 14s but the west coast to east coast shipping is a Killer!!

I forget which Disks you went with? I am pretty sure the MKlotz set-up would clear 14's if you used it. (At least stockies)

It sounds like you are down there building the 320 I would have loved to have! I hunted for these wheels for a bit for my 521, but no luck at the time.

What is it with these wheels and people mixing sizes 14 and 15 inch??I am guessing it was a 60s/70s thing?

It's a hot rod thing. The 14's in the rear with a big fat sidewall and wide tread with the 15's in the front with a short sidewall and a narrow tread. Think dragster style ;)

Fisch

The 320 is in the" Gathering" stage right now(locating parts) .This weekend i pick up the complete MG 1800 Motor in Worcester MA . Last weekend was a trip to DC and Delaware for other MG parts(flywheel/Block plate ) to put that swap/interchange info together.

I have always liked the Minilight/Panasport wheel look and they are "period correct" . You are right that Western also manufactured these wheels as did Carrol Shelby Wheels .

I have not bought the Disc brake swap brackets but from what i read 15inch wheels are necessary , also the old aluminum wheels are Thick ! Steel wheels in 14 might clear but the old cast aluminum ones have less clearance . I actually have these wheels for my Z car(the Western ones ) so i know first hand .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.