Quit Your Bitchin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks pretty rough, but try my subaru gl-10 turbo. Had to pull entire motor, then seperate all the turbo pieces and heat sheilds, pulled front half of motor off (timing pulleys/covers). Its ludecris that a 1987 should take soo much work to replace head gasket.....................and then find out that subaru cut major corners and made the heads soo fragile that it is just about impossible to find non cracked heads to replace my 2 un-repairable heads.

But seriously I'm glad I'm no mechanic that would drive me nuts.

To change the headlight bulbs on my 09 altima I had to remove the entire front bumper and grill, then each headlight. Ridiculous.

Side note, my altima coupe doesn't have the headlight adjustment screws where the sedans have them, any idea where these are?

DSC04986.jpg

Don't let him pull your chain too much. I'm pretty sure Ed had that motor on the ground in about 45 minutes. The first Murano motor I pulled was in under 2 hrs. And Ed is the one that held my hand through that job. And that was what? 6 years ago. He's way better now. So...Even warranty, I'm sure you're gonna kill it Ed.

PS...I like where you put Jim's toolbox. That looks like a nice quiet corner for him. :P

Im guessing no one has done a northstar? Do all that then drill out all the 20 holes for the head bolts re tap them, insert threaded sleeves, and re assemble.

Just to give you an idea of how absolutely retarded those engines are, the starter is under the intake manifold.