1967 toyota stout

SOLD

$700 firm ratsun only price. i am losing money on it, but i want it gone.

you gotta contact me through here. there is also a epic parts surprise included with the truck, but only revealed after signing bill of sale.

it is located in Seattle WA. if you want to ship it thats on you, figure out the details and ill be here to put it on the truck. can also deliver locally.

also listed on craigslist, contact me there and pay more and fight with me to get a deal. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2221113292.html

clean title in hand.

missing very little, rust looks worse then it is, only rusted through on the drivers side floor board. but the floor board is flat steel, easy fix.

will come with stock wheels, and not the rear bumper pictured but a different one of your choice.

it runs and drives, but...

slave cylinder needs rebuilding, leaks.

1 wheel cylinder leaks, cracked by PO.

PO monkeyed with the carb and linkage a bit, i fixed a few vac leaks, but it could use some TLC

OICS!!!

desmoinespotd2010%20025.jpg

desmoinespotd2010%20026.jpg

desmoinespotd2010%20027.jpg

DSCN1416.jpg

desmoinespotd2010%20031.jpg

if that is not enough oics for ya try this link

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/CB_shonuff/stout/

and if thats not enough, try this one, close ups of most things on the truck.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/CB_shonuff/stout/washed/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot damn I love a stout! Had this come up by me in 2007 just before I got my first Datsun, I don't know if would have ever joined Ratsun (Cause I'd be a toyota guy!!)

GLWS Shonuff!

mods violating their own for sale rules...

:rofl: :rofl:

wish I had extra dough, cool truck, would love to dabble in some toyota

I don't think we nuke general commentary as long as it isn't negative or about price. (I try not too.) ;) They way I look at it is complements are a nice bump for the seller. We can learn a lot of interesting stuff via the sale threads and we don't want to kill that. But it is nice to have the power too if things just get stupid! :devil:

questions answered via pm

the truck has a 5:xx rear end and 4 speed column shift with a granny 1st. never had much load in it it, but it starts out fine on most hills with 2nd and a lil gas. it really likes 55 on the freeway, feels like it could reach the 85+ on the speedo, but throttle linkage prevents full throttle (too many other projects).

looks like the motor was at a min regasketed 10-20 years ago.

have a receipt from 1978 that says 140k and was repainted then, thats why its got the "cow" rust spots.

as is if you bleed it and keep fluid in the reservoir it stops like a muther. but its 4 wheel drum, so, its all about adjustment to stop straight.

it is not a buildable mpg or hp motor. it is a boat anchor that still spins. a 20/22r will go in easy with a new tranny and mounts. possible bolt in, will dis/prove that very soon.

wheel pattern is 5x114.3 or 5 on 4.5 or ford/toyota lug pattern. the wheel base is pretty much the same as the newer trucks, but the body is much wider. so you can fit much deeper wheels then newer trucks.

Is this still for sale?

What's the parts availability for this look like? Front suspension bits, brakes, engine/tranny maintenance items, etc. I am interested in this to use as a semi-daily driver but I am concerned about needing unubtanium parts down the line.

On the cow rust spots, is that just surface rust or true cancerous issues needing patch panels?

Thanks!

But the great thing about 510s (and other Datsuns) is you can utilize parts from other models. There really isn't that much for a 510 that is hard to find that is essential to driving the car.

That is what I am mostly concerned about the Stout. Can I go to a FLAPS and get brake parts (MC/shoes/brake rebuild kits, etc.) or clutch parts (TO bearing/clutch/slave cyl, etc), ball joints, suspension bushings and on and on?

What about parts to rebuild the motor or tranny if they blow up? It would definitely be a candidate for a motor/tranny swap in the distant future, but I don't want a yard ornament.

• 2 weeks later...

ill put it like this.

on the one im gonna build im using a newer disc brake fully boxed frame from a 78, then tossing in a 95 1UZ V8. a 20/22r will supposedly bolt in (i will test that theroy) and you can swap to newer disk spindles easy, just need a booster master cyl.

parts can be found, but can be expensive and difficult to find.

imho- your interested for 2 reasons:

1. you enjoy the hunting and gathering of restoring a car to its 65mph originalness.

2. the body is sick.

im a #2 :D

I'm a 2 as well. :D

How close are the wheelbase and track on the newer Toyos? Never seen a Stout in the flesh, but they appear wide.

tag on the truck says "RK43" but the motor is a 3r (note: tread = track width)

DSCN1324.jpg

toyota wheel base's

1979-83 short bed 101.77 *

1979-83 long bed 110.24 *

1984-89 4Runner 102.95 *

1984-88 xtra cab 112.20 *

1984-88 single cab short bed 102.95 *

1984-88 single cab long bed 112.20 *

1984-88 double cab real short bed 112.20 *

1990-95 4Runner 103.3

1989-95 short bed 103.3

1989-95 long bed 122.5

1989-95 xtra cab 122.5

toyota track width (4x4 only, couldnt find 2wd info, but its skinnier)

Toyota Axle Widths: (top)

(all widths are measured wms-wms, wms=wheel mounting surface)

* '79-85 front axle~ 55.5", rear axle~ 55"

* '86-95 front IFS~ 59", rear axle~ 58.5"

* Tacoma 4x4, '96-up 4runner front IFS~ ???, rear axle- 60"

i do know that a 75-78 2wd truck has a 52in wide axle, and iirc a 79-83 2wd has a 54in axle.

so ya, close enough for horshoes and the body is much wider, lil wider then a tacoma. so deep dish wheels are easy to fit, and there is room to fit 20's or better in the wheel wells.

gerry-

where are these 3r parts found? ive looked and havent found much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.