Scam Fail

Well posted up the following want ad on dime quarterly about a month ago:

Looking for an EFI Manifold for my L20b and/or L16. I would love to fab my own, but I don't really have the equipment. Maybe if you have any good contacts, I would appreciate. Had an awesome setup from Jeff at Team Thump once.

Anyways, for the L16 I would be all after a stock JDM L18 manifold. Preferably once that isn't too mangled or ported. But even if it has had some work, send me an email. Even a cut down one from a L28 may be good.

If you have something built up or custom, give me a holler. I would rather something a bit more performance oriented for my L20b.

Anyways, let me know if you have something or know of a good fabricator. Thanks!

So far I have received about 2 legit emails and about 30 fraud attempts from people, supposedly, in London. They always have awkward English and list an address and phone number. They always want my "complete shipping address" and will accept money via Western Union or Money Gram. And they pretty much all say the same thing. Admittedly I have been scammed before, but these just had scam written all over them. Here is the latest reply to my ad:

-- The Advert you posted specifies that you needed some parts. I have lotsof spare parts in stock that I want to sell at a very affordable andnegotiable price. They are so many that i cant even list out so Youcan get back to me with a list of other parts you'll need. Do you havea Mobile Phone # i can reach you on?# +447024064514

Kind Regards,DavidAddress - First Floor, 50 Cannon Street, LondonE-mail - davidsales2000@gmail.com

Since I can't satisfy my dream of ridding the world of all thieves the next best thing to do is to waste their time. So now I ask for pix. So far I have had two replies to my pix request. The first three are supposed to an L-Series EFI manifold. Good deal for $200:

DSC_001.jpg

DSC_002.jpg

DSC_003.jpg

Seems to be a continuity error between 1 and 2 AND 3. Plus I am not so sure they would fit an L-series.

Today I received by far the best pix. Again 3 pix:

manifold2.jpg

manifold3.jpg

manifold4.jpg

Hmmm... Nice EFI manifold. $145 shipped from London. What do you think?rolleyes.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first pic looks like a l series intake... But dont know if it will work...

wait so does the second one. But its connected to the intake and exhaust and you have to weld on the exhaust ports?

The third one is all wrong. But at that price its impossssssible.

Well posted up the following want ad on dime quarterly about a month ago:

DSC_003.jpg

i hate those fukin spammers!!!

just block em!

and change the way you write your email or number.

the manifold looks off on it.

the first looks right.

BTW

i have a similiar set up. manifold is different, but the ITB's look almost identical.

Ooh, that top manifold is pretty awesome looking. Kinda wish somebody was actually selling something like that. Interesting to have throttle plates that rotate about the Z axis of the car, rather than the X (for a setup like that at least). It'd be unique, too bad it's a dumb scam.