WagDatto is NOT dead!

So I've gotten a few PM's over the past few months (almost year!) asking what's up, and when I'm getting back into the scene.

Well, a little time away from my old Boso Goon Money Pit has been nice. I haven't heard anything from the new owner, which either means he's really happy, or really pissed. Either way, I'm happy to have gotten rid of it. I've recently moved into an apartment with my lady, which means no garage for work. I'm daily driving a 2004 "Datsun" Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed, which has been a great truck for me over the past year. A/C, stereo, reliability, go-anywhere capability... Not having to dodge potholes, reflective markers, speed bumps, road kill, discarded trash... It's nice!

Have I been itching to get another project? Sure... Hell, I've even contemplated modding the truck here and there to make it "that much better," but it hasn't been a realistic project.

I HAVE, however, been working on bicycles, and helping out my older brother (fbiphil on the forums) here and there with some of his projects to keep me occupied, too. Bikes, cars, trucks... Even his Datsun!

Here's a teaser:

521-04.jpg

If you want to read more about updates and plans, hop onto his blog at www.twistedimages.com and follow the link.

Some of you may recognize the truck from shows and pictures in the past, and a few people have even posted a picture of it in the truck section before. Phil (my brother) is the original customizer of the truck, and it's changed hands a few times, but ended up (albeit broken) back in his care. Rather than slap it together again and call it done, he's chosen to take the road less traveled and do a full re-working on the lower half of this beauty.

As of right now, the cab and clip are just sitting on a furniture dolly with wheels stuffed underneath it for inspiration. The frame is at our buddy's shop, and it's getting a 510 IRS swap, custom frame rails and a few other goodies tossed into the mix as well.

Sadly, there's no rush on this project, and there's lots of other things to get out of the way first, but once it starts going back together, people are going to shit themselves. Mixing themes like lowrider, hot/rat rod, old school, custom and "hellaflush" are going to get people from every crowd excited about what's been accomplished.

I'm excited to get started piecing this thing back together, as it's what originally got me interested in custom cars/truck and in Datsuns, and my first project 620 was inspired by it as well.

Don't rule me out just yet, WagDatto is far from out!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I remember that truck when he first got it and all the extra that he did on it and its spitting flames out of the pipe! I remember at Shasta that it captured more attention than ol J. Cole's wagoon and he got pissed and sold the wagon and that was the end of him in the 510 scene! Oh the memories! Jeyah.....

• Like 1

Yeah I remember that truck when he first got it and all the extra that he did on it and its spitting flames out of the pipe! I remember at Shasta that it captured more attention than ol J. Cole's wagoon and he got pissed and sold the wagon and that was the end of him in the 510 scene! Oh the memories! Jeyah.....

haha I was remembering that too!!Josh was sooo butthurt cuz he had sooo much time and real money tied up into that longroof..vg30 and custom fiberglass work and " five 10"'s" in the rear..that car was badass!