Albino Smurf

Morrisun

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your offer and as time goes on that gas tank maybe a good option. I bought a pile of 1200 parts along with a very nice coupe body about a year ago and most of the parts were coupe specfic, and 4 very nice rust free gas tanks were in the pile. Coupe tanks are hard to find. If the tank you mentioned is out of the car, I would like a photo of to see where fittings and filler are located. Thanks again. Albino Smurf.

i have it out but its under a pile of parts i believe that it might be too wide. filler is on the right side but is an absolute bitch at the pump. just casue the angle it wont let you pump for more than a few seconds at a time. bolt holes are all around the the outside metal flange but i would suspect you would need to drill new ones. no clue on the condition and i live a few hours away.

• 1 month later...

If you need more info on where the evapo hoses go, just let me know and I can take more detailed pics or give a good description.

Spare tire/gas tank area

P5280889.jpg

The bracket laying in the trunk was spot welded under this area and allow the water that leaked into the spare tire well allowed water to sit on top of it and rust through.

P5280890.jpg

I will cut the bottom of the well and weld new sheet metal in minus the spare tire hold down- spare tire? I don't need no bloody spare!

P5280891.jpg

From bottom side...bracket mounted to bottom side of spare tire well holds gas tank up in place. Removed to repair spare tire well-Y'all won't happen to have one laying around looking for good home?? NOT likely this problem is common with coupe trunk areas.

P5280901.jpg

P5280902.jpg

Gas tank just abit rusty and patched holes- I have another gas tank to put in.

P5280892.jpg

P5280894.jpg

POR 15 on front floors. Needs seam sealer, warm days?

P5280895.jpg

P5280896.jpg

P5280898.jpg

Still need to remove steering column, grind firewall and treat with POR 15.

P5280897.jpg

POR 15 cowl on both sides-needs seam sealer replaced-waiting for another warm day.

P5280899.jpg

As far as Canby goes I don't think so. My papers are not in order and I have to replace the brake system and replace the clutch master and slave cylinder and reprimer the Jeep!

P5280886.jpg

P5280888.jpg

Narrowed RX7 rear end with 10.25" dics brakes ready for paint then install into SMURF which would free-up a rebuilt rear brakes for Albino Smurf, just need to sort out my priorities!