no reverse lights?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the brake and running lights are still working then it isn't the ground connection back there. Somewhere back there is the end of the body harness where the tail light harness plugs in... try unplugging it and re-connecting it again to clean the contacts.

Could be the tranny interlock switch, auto I believe??? If one of the two wires are unplugged it won't work. (this is more likely than the switch)

I believe the reverse light circuit is hot anytime the key is on. There is a switch on the transmission, on the manual transmission vehicles that is closed when the transmission is put in reverse.

On my 521 I think the wire is red, with a black stripe. The taillight assembly has a separate wire and connector for the reverse light. Your car may be different.

The reverse light switch just has two short wires, with male 1/4 spade connectors on it. You could make a short jumper with two 1/4 male spade connectors on it, and plug that into the two wires in the cars harness to check if there really is a problem with the reverse light switch.