i think im getting a 78 toyota wagon today!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, technologically these cars weren't nearly as cool as the 510 being the sedans came with a solid axle rear end and very little hp, but still they have their spot. I do like the looks. Similar to a 210/510 combo. Lots of people boost the 2TC and 3TC engines. Pushrod fours still, yuck! But they go!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yeah, you're going to want to patch those spots in the rear quarter though. Same place the 510 wagons like to rust.

Just Goons :blink: :lol:

All Dimes like to lighten(get religous(holy) up in that area if the drain plugs are not pulled out :blink: :lol:

where did you come up with 6k?

Well I guess they can go higher but generally an OHC engine will easily rev higher. GM chose to stick with the tried and true two valve pushrod V8 instead of developing SOHC or DOHC motors for the Vette. So far that is.

I had occasion to push an '08 'Vette to 6K in 4th gear last spring. You would have to work out the speed as the speedo was switched to KPM at that time and stopped at 200. The tach was climbing very fast even at that speed and I imagine it would go higher than 6K but that's what I shifted at. Also the owner was in the passenger seat. :sweat: 6K seemed a reasonable safety margin.

where did you come up with 6k?

Well I guess they can go higher but generally an OHC engine will easily rev higher. GM chose to stick with the tried and true two valve pushrod V8 instead of developing SOHC or DOHC motors for the Vette. So far that is.

I had occasion to push an '08 'Vette to 6K in 4th gear last spring. You would have to work out the speed as the speedo was switched to KPM at that time and stopped at 200. The tach was climbing very fast even at that speed and I imagine it would go higher than 6K but that's what I shifted at. Also the owner was in the passenger seat. :sweat: 6K seemed a reasonable safety margin.

Well I did a little investigating on a Corvette site and the '08 does 148 MPH at 6,600 red line in 4th. I did hold it in 5th for under 10 seconds. Common sense, who was riding in the back under the rear window, and actually enjoying the ride, finally tapped me on the shoulder and said that's enough.

you don't need a motor swap... a 2t or 3t with a 5spd and cams/header makes great power... or a 4ag with sidedrafts works great in these cars.

here's my old one! It was a good car.

20338_628130579147_2606546_36254087_6380001_n.jpg

you don't need a motor swap... a 2t or 3t with a 5spd and cams/header makes great power... or a 4ag with sidedrafts works great in these cars.

here's my old one! It was a good car.

20338_628130579147_2606546_36254087_6380001_n.jpg

holy shit that wagon is clean! thats like the first one ive seen that someone slamed and put some narly wheels on. ive got the 2tc and i wasnt wanting to get to crazy so i was thinking about a 3tc