e30 project...haters gonna hate.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family used to have a red '94 e34 540i sedan. I miss that car. It was going to be my first car until my dad flipped it... Also that happened to be the car he held onto the longest. He went through about 2-6 cars a year. That car lasted 2 years.

Make sure you adjust the valves on that m20 a smidge tight. Pick up some is seats and yur set.

here some of the eurotrash ive owwned.

DSC01039-1-1.jpg

my old 2002 and vert 318i

DSC02779.jpg

the wife preparing to take the 540i6 out for a good hooning.

I just scored a 91 318is for a song and a dance.

Friggin love e30's

yup, valves are done tight .011 on a warm engine.

the tourings were never offered here, so only a choice few made it across the border...

i wanted this one for a while when it was first posted for sale, then i saw it was still in canada fml http://r3vlimited.co...ghlight=touring

i wanted red interior, so i ditched my torn black sports seats for the perfect red comforts i have now. the only time they're a pain is on the track when my helmet's smashed into the roof haha

i'd trade the jetta for a clean late model 318 in a heartbeat. the iffy gas mileage on the 325 is starting to hurt me a little at ~21mpg combined under grandma driving. not anywhere near what the 720 gets. plus, the twin cam 4cyl can surprise....

Lozer: PICS ARE MANDATORY!!!

the tourings were never offered here, so only a choice few made it across the border...

i wanted this one for a while when it was first posted for sale, then i saw it was still in canada fml http://r3vlimited.co...ghlight=touring

i'd trade the jetta for a clean late model 318 in a heartbeat. the iffy gas mileage on the 325 is starting to hurt me a little at ~21mpg combined under grandma driving. not anywhere near what the 720 gets. plus, the twin cam 4cyl can surprise....

I know that about the tourings. I am just wondering about import fees. It looks like you can get a touring for about 2000-2500 USD. Then the import fees on top of that... It would be cool to have a car that was never offered in north america.

I would prolly just get a 2 dr for the time being. so 318 or 323? Im only half serious about selling the Jetta, it would probably be in 2-3 years anyways.

if you can find a rare e30 318is (only in 1991) it has the m42 engine great gas mileage and with minimal mods is a real high revving little bastard.

i'll slap up pics tommorow.

Love the yellow lights ;) and seriously if you can score the IS seats you will never look back. (Recaros)

If you have a cone filter on put the original airbox and filter back on. It should give you a couple more mpg.

i have heard horror stories about trying to get tourings into the us and epically failing. i don't think many even try anymore.

the only 323 in the us was the e21..which is pretty baller in its own way, but not an e30. plus they are reasonably hard to find. for a DD, a 318 would be nice for the peppiness and mpg, but all the goodies come on the 325is's.

if you can find a rare e30 318is (only in 1991) it has the m42 engine great gas mileage and with minimal mods is a real high revving little bastard.

i'll slap up pics tommorow.

Love the yellow lights ;) and seriously if you can score the IS seats you will never look back. (Recaros)

If you have a cone filter on put the original airbox and filter back on. It should give you a couple more mpg.

oh, 318is's arent that rare, but the slicktop ones sure are!! does yours have factory lsd?

i used to have the 'is' seats, but only a ridiculous few of them were actually recaros, that's why i didn't bother recovering them. the m20 was only rated at 17/23 mpg from the factory, so i'm thinking i should be happy with what she gets...once i stroker though, it should help my gas situation a little bit.

and he let's you drive a ratsun :huh:

Yeah, we've got slightly different budgets laugh.gif.

whaaaaaa? you have an HPF car? those things are absolutely bonkers.

gotta say i've always dug the phoenix yellow.

Yeah, it is insane! I still need to drive it. We had both of those (mom and dad's) but the Phoenix just got sold to a guy in Colorado last weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Needs moar displacement. How about a 3.5?

i think the only factory 3.5 is the m30, my engine's big brother. problem is that it's heavier, eats gas, isn't much on power, and still sohc/12v...

someday i plan on swapping an m60 or s54 in this mother. then she will haul.

i think the only factory 3.5 is the m30, my engine's big brother. problem is that it's heavier, eats gas, isn't much on power, and still sohc/12v...

someday i plan on swapping an m60 or s54 in this mother. then she will haul.

I only say that 'cuz I'm swapping out motors in an e28 535i right now lol. I love a large displacement straight 6.