620 Radiator Mount Picts

Hirns

PLEASE guys, getting desperate!! I badly need pics of the front radiator mounts/Radiator support panel on the US 620. In Australia we had a different front radiator mount panel to suit the Datsun J15(forklift motor). To install a L series engine I need to modify this support panel to something like in the US and pics will provide me with a place to start. The J15 has dropped a ring and would like to convert to an Lseries ASAP.

Hirns (Aussie)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The L16/18 support was straight across but the '75 and on with the L20B was bulged outward where the rad was mounted to give more room for three cores. I'll see if I can find pix of it.

'75 or newer with bulge:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/620underhood-1.jpg[/img]"]620underhood-1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/engineradsupportL20b.jpg[/img]"]engineradsupportL20b.jpg

Doesn't show holes, sorry. Will keep looking.

Thanks Guys

I'm off to a start. So the L1600 to L1800 is straight across (at top), same as Australia, except here there then is a cowled section 2inch inwards untill the radiator mount point.

So if the 2L motors had the extra bend in the front mount for the three core how do my US counterparts upgrade to a 2L without changing the rad support panel?

Hirns (Aussie)

I forgot to take pic's as I did not get home til late last night. I'll try to remember tonight.

Hainz, is there a price for that radiator?

Hirns, from the pic's Mike posted it looks like there is still plenty of room between the fan and the radiator, even if the core support was still straight

Thanks for the pic of the core support, where the green arrows are in your pic, the radiator is taken forward towards the front. In Australia the bend is towards the rear mounting the radiator closer to the smaller engine. It's almost as if it was pressed in reverse except out mounting colums are square and and only 470mm(18.3 inches) apart. Can I please ask for a further favour. Can you please tell me the width between the two sides, the top looks wider than the top. It's funny how the driver's side of the mount comes lower in your pic (below the green arrow) then on the other side. In Australia this is on the same side despite the steering swap and I can't see for what purpose.

HMMMmmmmmmmm, I never noticed that. It does look like it's over to one side. The bottom is the true clue. There is a "notch" on the US driver's side and just a straight angle on the other. I will be looking tomorrow at two of My core supports and see.